1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Image on VCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by m1kew1lso, Sep 14, 2004.

1. m1kew1lso

m1kew1lso Member

OK, don't ask why, but i need to put a single image to be displayed by a dvd player....i want it to stay there and not change.

Should i use a vcd for this?

can someone point me as to how to change a jpg to a mpg? if i need that

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I use VCDEasy, which can convert (in Tools, choosing VCD - better than SVCD - , the resize factor if your TV 'loses' a part of the VCD screen and PAL/NTSC as file format) the .JPG in a 'MPEG Still'. Then, with VCDEsy, you can create a VCD/VCD image (if your burner doesn't support CDRDAO).
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2004
  3. m1kew1lso

m1kew1lso Member

ok, all good so far, now how do i make that image stay on the screen infanetlyly? Do i need the full version, it only allows me to play once on the interactivity tab?

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I have a registered version and I can go to 'Interactivity' (for MPEG stills, 'Wait Infinite' should be the default). I don't know if this is also valid in the trial verion.
    In the same page you see that the 'Key pressed interaction' of the 01-N keys make the VCD to go immediately to Nth image, but I never learned how to set it because I only use VCDEasy for movies, I never watch photos on a DVD player.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2004