1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Image resolution for images in slideshow

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by Kafka, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

I have just bought a Blu-Ray playerand would like to know the resolution at which I should scan images for inclusion in a DVD slideshow (Nero). Over the last few weeks I have scanned images at 1080 pixels height, however when I played a test DVD using a limited number of images scanned at this resolution I was disappointed in the results.

Is anyone able to advise me on this?

2. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

I have solved my problem. no matter what I did in Nero the resolution of my slideshows was poor. I downloaded a trial version of DVD Pix Play and created a test slideshow which I burned to a DVD. To my surprise the result was as good as it could be without using a Blu-Ray disk! The resolution was quite high, especially noticeable when I compared a slideshow image created in DVD Pix Play to the same image created in Nero. As an added bonus, DVD Pix Play enabled me to specify a 16:9 aspect which solved the problem I had with Nero of having parts of the images missing from the TV screen. I now realise that I don't have to waste time resizing images to 1080 height as it is done automatically before it appears on the TV.