1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Image starting to burn in screen

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by JLebowski, Mar 5, 2005.

1. JLebowski

JLebowski Member

I have a 54" rear projection screen TV. I play X-Box on it alot and have started to notice that the radar and ammo bars from Halo 2 have started to "burn" themselves into the screen. I have sinced stopped playing x-box on that tV. My question is, Is there anyway to fix this or has the damage already been done? (is it permanent) Also, will it keep getting worse even if I don't play x-box on that TV anymore? Thanks in advance-

2. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

It's not actually the screen that is burned. It's that the phosphar(sp?) has aged faster in that area. I don't believe that it will get worse but I don't think that there is anything you can do to fix it.

3. JLebowski

JLebowski Member

Shite! Thats what I was afraid of. The guy at Best Buy told me if I left the TV on a channel that changes colors alot that the burned image would start to fade away again and return to normal. I figured that he is full of Shite but just wanted to get another opinion.

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Sorry bud, looks like your fowkt.

5. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

If the TV is still under warranty you can have an unfortunate "accident" with it and it will get replaced. I don't believe the warranty covers image burn in though so something else would have to be wrong with it.

6. JLebowski

JLebowski Member

yes, it does have an extended warranty but you are correct- it doesn;t cover image burn in. ANy ideas on what problems would qualify for replacement of the TV? And what would cause a "problem" that would make the tV need to be replaced

ANy ideas?

7. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

If you open it up I think you're warranty is void. Maybe if you plug it into a 220V outlet it would qualify:) Or some high powered magnets usually screw them up pretty good.

EDIT: I am not responsible for voiding of warranty. lol

You could also get a couple guys to pick it up and drop it a few times.

My TV was replaced two days after I got it because the delivery idiots rolled it down an interlocking sidewalk. Lens were all f'd up.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2005
  8. nismo_rat

nismo_rat Member