1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imation Disks and CD Speed

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by cd-senior, Nov 12, 2002.

1. cd-senior

cd-senior Guest

One of my Son-in-Laws purchased a 50 pack spindle of Imation disks for about 3.00 after rebates, no speed on the spindle.

I tried testing them in CD Speed but kept getting an error (no additional sense information (000000)) The speed would get up to 42.89x at about 50 min before it would get the error, starting speed was 22.29 and stayed stable during the tests.

Could Disk wobble be causing the error at that speed? My burner is a TDK Velo 48x.

Ron

2. Racemann

Racemann Regular member

You mentioned the use of CD Speed, can I assume that Nero is being used as well?

If that TDK is using "Smartburn" instead of BurnProof, then it should be enabled in Nero to determine the speed based on what media it detects.

You can also download a utility program from www.liteonit.com [you'll have to dig around a bit] called the "SmartBurn CD Analyzer" which also lets you detect the maximum burning speed of those Imation's.