1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

imbarrasing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by aaronf157, Sep 26, 2004.

1. aaronf157

aaronf157 Member

i recently downloaded a couple of films in Avi. format and burned them to a dvd disk to save space on my hdd. these files were to be encoded to play on a dvd player, but i needed them to be back on my computer to do that, so when it came to copy the files back on. 1 by 1 and encode them, i cant seem to copy them back over, i am able to watch them from the disk, but not copy them back from the dvd disk. the disk dose say on it, "double protection system" but i did't think that would cause any problem, i have copyed files back from a dvd disk before but just not now, the error message i get is "Cannot copy : The system cannot read from the specifyed device" could someone give a hand in sortin this out.

thanks

2. aaronf157

aaronf157 Member

i forgot to mention that there are 6 film on the disk and i am able to copy only two of them back to my pc.

any help would be great

3. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

Sounds like bad media.

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Which software were you using?

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi aaronf157,

Rip your disc with DVD Decrypter in the ISO mode. Even though your files aren't encrypted you will be getting them in an ISO Image, meaning that what ever is there you'll get exactly as it is. Once you've gotten it back on your HD you can do what ever you want :)

If you get an error, click "Retry" and keep doing that until you've worked through all your errors and your files would then be error free -

Cheers,

Pete

6. aaronf157

aaronf157 Member

the software i was useing was nero 6.0 ultra in dvd data mode.

7. aaronf157

aaronf157 Member

its ok now i figured out that the disk was damaged and thats why i could not read from it, i only lost 3G's of stuff, lol. thanks guys anyway for all the help

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey aaronf157, Consider this a parting invitation,

Stop on back, don't be a stranger, you're Welcome even if you don't have problems to solve -

You can just "Hang out" and read some, improve your knowledge, help others if you can spot their problem, 3 heads are better than 2 (said the Cyclops) Or hang out in the "Safety Valve" a forum for gossiping about anything and everything under the sun :)

Check de place out, you just might find a little something that'll interest you -

Me ? Hey, I'll be over there, out from under that broiling hot sun, under the "Potted" Palm, right next to the water cooler. Just chewin' the fat and waiting for the next Newbie who needs a bit "O" help - Stop by and say "Howdy" -

See ya,

Pete :p)