1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMG FILE HELP

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by killalot, Oct 27, 2004.

1. killalot

killalot Active member

Hi folks ive got some CCTV footage from the security camera at work its a VPD IMG file and its got 2 dat files with it we had some little Fuc"" pull up in his car at work and he nicked the girl out the office hand bag the thing is cant make out his number plate when i zoom in on it- it blur"s it so my question is how do i make it in to a svcd so then i can play it back on my tv card which has an Hardware decoder and then hopefully ill be able to make out the shits plate number ?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

First, as I wrote in the 'sticky' thread, you need to conver the DATs into 'true mpegs' (e.g. with VCDGear). After that, you can make a (S)VCD, always with VCDGear (it is written how to do it ion the 'sticky' threads of this forum).
    If you 'mount' the image (e.g. with Alcohol 120%)the .DAT files will be in a directory of the 'mounted' image (I assume E:\MPEG2, ig the .IMG comes from a SVCD and E:\MPEGAV if it comes from a VCD) and you won't need to extract .BIN --> .DAT, first.
    But remember: if the img comes from a VCD, you won't encrease the movie quality by making a SVCD or even a DVD with the movies extracted from there!!!

3. killalot

killalot Active member

Cheers for your reply how do you go about converting the dats into true mpegs? vcdgear wont do it says could not locate mpeg stream ive tried vcdeasy and remove the riff headers but that just makes 0 length files im at a complete loss the two dats ive got 1 says incident dat
    and catergory dat then ive got a vpd intellex img ive read the vcd guides but still no help so im hoping you can so cheers again.......

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

VCDgear needs you to choose cue/bin --> MPEG, but the image is an .IMG.
    My suggestion is to 'mount' the image, with Alcohol 120% for example, on the Virtual drive (suppose E:\), simply copy E:\MPEGAV\AVSEQ01.DAT (E:\MPEG2\AVSEQ01.MPG if the image had been of a SVCD) on your disk: C:\where_you_want , finally select dat -->mpeg (or mpeg --->mpeg if all comes from a SVCD) in VCDGear, converting the file, then now is on your HD, into a 'true mpeg'.
    I hope Alcohol 120% knows how to deal with the 'vpd intellex img' (I never saw one), otherwise you'll have to burn the VCD on a CD-RW, first of extracting the 'riff file' from it.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  5. killalot

killalot Active member

Once again cheers for your time i can mount the img with Alcohol 120% but it doesnt know what it is like i said all ive got is 2 dats and the img dont know if this is of any help but there is no audio with it or bin or cue"s the img has been compressed to 5oips the pc at work runs Windows NT and the software that is used for the security camera is intellex i can play it on my pc at home because when i copied it of the pc at work it includes the dvd player software i havent got any MPEGAV\AVSEQ01.DAT or MPEG2AVSEQ01.MPG with it so i dont know what to do with it the police are coming in monday to pick up a copy so let them have a go just wanted to try it myself out of interest like i said cheers for your time and effort..

6. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Can you post here the directory structure of the mounted image? For example:

E:
    ...\EXT
    .....|-------LOT_X.VCD (4 KB)
    .....|-------PSD_X.VCD (4 KB)
    ...\MPEGAV
    .....|---AVSEQ01.DAT (500 MB)
    ...\SEGMENT
    .....|---ITEM001.DAT (100 KB)
    ...\VCD
    .....|-----ENTRIES.VCD (30 KB)
    .....|-----INFO.VCD (20 KB)
    .....|-----LOT.VCD (34 KB)
    .....|-----PSD.VCD (3 KB)

so I can try to guess what you cold do?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  7. killalot

killalot Active member

It hasnt got a directory structure just 2 folders with 2 subfolders ie
    + INCDB
    -CAT0000018 IN THIS FOLDER IS THE INCIDENT DAT
    + VPD_INTELLEX
    -CAMERA_00 IN THIS FOLDER IS VPD_INTELLEX IMG
    UNLESS IS THAT WHAT YOU MEAN BY THE directory structure like i said cheers for you time be nice if we could crack it...