1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

img file.....How do I burn it to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ItsBoggle, Sep 19, 2003.

1. ItsBoggle

ItsBoggle Guest

So

I downloaded a short DVD film that was a series of rar files. When I extract the files I get a .img file but I don't know what I'm supposed to do now?

The file has a Serif Photoplus icon (presumably becasue .img's are associated with that program?).

Obviously if I try to open the file photoplus won't have any of it.

I want to burn the film to dvd. I currently use Nero and Easy CD Creator 6.0

Do I need some different software or am I just being sadly dumb about this.

Thanks in advance for any help

2. stupidguy

stupidguy Guest

3. ItsBoggle

ItsBoggle Guest

Ok so Nero will do it but how? I usually burn dvd's with easy 6 because its so simple

I guess i use the udf/iso setting but then what?

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Check the guide in my signature

5. akoli

akoli Member

You can run nero express and this gives you the option to burn from image at the bottom .

I've not used myself but you can let me know if your succesful, you could try rewrtable media so you dont waste any media messing about .

6. ItsBoggle

ItsBoggle Guest

Oriphus

Thanks for the guides they are a great help not just for this but for other issues I have.

Akoli

Yes, it worked great.

In fact the copy was of outstanding quality. I'm not sure if this is because the img file was of good quality or because of Nero. Anyway I'm now going to try re-burning some of the dvd's I've previouslycreated using Easy 6 usiing Nero to see how the quality matches up to the Easy 6 versions.