1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMG File???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by darew9291, Mar 21, 2005.

1. darew9291

darew9291 Member

People have probaly answered this question hundreds of times already but i just got a DVD burner about 2 months ago and jus recently started downloading DVD movies to burn. I am experiencing alot of problems latley i cant seem to find a way to brun movies have .IMG format.

I've tried using Nero(6),alchol 120%,CloneCD,MagicISO even some ones ive never of. Ive also tried extracting the files with Isobuster and burning the DVD files (VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS) with Nero but it jus tells me i have no disc present in my DVD Burner even though i have a Memorex DVD-R disc sitting inside (and i checked the disc info B4 it said its in there)

The problem is that when i load the .IMG file in Nero or any of the others ive metioned it says unexpected file format or some other term Denying me of Burning the disc

My question is, is there a certain method im not following or am i not extracting somthing correctly or somthing cause i feel like I've tried it all (and its not just that one movie i downloaded another that jus finished that ive been fooloing around with for hours too)

Please Help Me Somone Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

Try BUYING the movie jackass.

3. darew9291

darew9291 Member

wtf is ur problem i jus ask a question u call me a jackass did i not say that i tried mounting the image or are u to fucked up to answer me with a normal response i obviosly tried to burn the movie if i dint i woulnt be asking the question ask ed if there was a certain method you fusking ediot

4. darew9291

darew9291 Member

and plus why would i buy the movie what goods the burner i cant burn movies i download it and burn if u cant help me the shut the fusk up

5. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

obviously you don't care if your bumhole becomes large enough to hold a grapefruit.

Downloading movies you do not own = illegal.
    Assisting you burn movies you illegal downloaded = assisting a criminal break the law = illegal.

If you want help to back up a legal copy of a movie you legally own and are legally entitled to have a backup copy of, that is a different story.

However, since you have downloaded the movie you obviously do not own an original copy.

If on the slim chance you do own an original copy but it's scratched to hell so you decided to download it (which is very unlikely) you have two options here: A) exchange the movie for the exact same thing or B) rent the movie and back it up that way.

So, next time you get pissed because people won't help you break the law, just ask yourself "How many different cocks do I want in my bumhole today?"

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2005
  6. darew9291

darew9291 Member

thats pretty fusking gay you guys dont even download movies why would i want to waste my money when i could get it for free??? whatever if i cant burn it i will jus watch it on my computer i didnt think it was so touchy here you guys can terminate my membership i guess i dont need it anymore thanks alot joe blow u saved me alot of time!

7. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

Wow, you sir are a retard. Seriously. No piracy is allowed on here. Piracy is illegal. This is a great site that offers a lot of advice on "legal" backups, however offering advice on illegal backups would get this place shut down. No one wants that, well except for the studios/companies that make the media you want.

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

erm, guys, i would think gender phobia is also against the rules, if it isn't it should be; far too early in the morning to read that kind of crap thanks

9. creaky

here's a pressie -

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  10. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Good stuff, JoeN00b.

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I just banned the sorry sack of shit.

Generally I'll give folks three strikes before they're banned but what JoeN00b just did to a brand new member was completely uncalled for and absolutely inexcusable especially for a person who has been around long enough to make Member status.

@ darew9291

On behalf of a very fine and helpful community please accept our sincere apologies for the way you were treated. We hope you'll stick around because the rest of us are happy to help new faces :)

12. creaky

cheers Neph, i can now uncover my ears due to all the filth lol

Now where's that swear jar :)

13. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

This is without a doubt, one of the most offensive threads ive ever had the misfortune to read,and ive been here well over a year.

Thanks Nephilim,you did what you needed to do and, I join you in apologizing to darew9291.

JoeN00b, in no way, reflects the attitude of the majority of the helpful people here on afterdawn.

14. jpaugh78

jpaugh78 Member

he was just trying to prevent the site from getting in trouble from helping people who backup downloaded movies. Its the internet folks, its not like you've never seen anything offensive before. You should be thanking him for what he did, not banning him for trying to help the site out.

And yes i do know the person in question, he's on my AOL list. He says the moderator didn't give him any of those 3 warnings he claims he gave him, as he would have edited his messages had he been warned by a moderator about cursing.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  15. Hunter007

Hunter007 Regular member

Well he could have tried to help the site in a more positive manner, that's all the other members are trying to say. Yes, darew9291 may not have read the rules, but JoeN00b had no right to respond in such a way. If you're still around darew9291, I offer my apologies as well.

Hunter007

16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Whew!! and I thought I was a jerk?? LOL

darew9291,
    You could try changing the extension on those .img files to .ISO that has worked for some people. Once again sorry for some peoples ignorance here, but it's like the real world here also there are arse holes everywhere. Just got to learn to deal with it. You were a little nasty too, but it is understandable you are new. If something like that ever happens again though just find yourself a Moderator and report the incident. Be the bigger person! :) By the way if you want the person banned find Neph LOL ;-)

17. zippyd

zippyd Active member

jpaugh78,
    IF you read the forum rules like you were supposed to when you joined, then you would know that the original question is completely acceptable. creaky posted the list of example cases permitted and not permitted. But this one applies here:
    Case: Discussion about pirated content and piracy, such as converting (downloaded) video and/or audio files to DVD/AudioCD/whatever format. PERMITTED

Thank you Nephilim!

18. jpaugh78

jpaugh78 Member

Okay, so i didn't read the forum rules. I would just think that asking people how to make copies of downloaded DVD movies you've acquired (which is illigal) would be something that was frowned upon. I guess i was wrong. Sorry to have put my 2 cents in, but i just didn't think it was right to ban him for it, considering the moderators didn't give him the 3 warnings they claimed to have given him.

19. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Excessive derogatory verbals to a brand new face (when they should know better) ... was deemed to be enough of a reason to ban/inactivate the user on this occasion [not by myself , but I totally concur with the action taken].

Time to drop it [bold]jpaugh78
    [/bold]

20. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

P.S. To answer the original question : I'd suggest DVD Decrypter in ISO write mode [that's how I burn any image file that I have] !! :c)