1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ImgBurn FLAC...no sound on CD

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jimatthecabin, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimatthecabin

jimatthecabin Newbie

Hi - I am using ImgBurn to burn a single FLAC file using a CUE file. BTW, I'm using WinXP SP3 and ImgBurn 2.5.5.0. I was told that ImgBurn can split the single FLAC file into individual tracks and also retain tag information. On my first attempt, ImgBurn gave an error saying that there were missing filters of some sort. I googled the error and read that ImgBurn needed DirectShow filters that work with FLAC. So, I downloaded and installed opencodecs_0.85.17777.exe from Xlph.Org. Once installed, Img'burn seemed to work properly. I verified the disc and there were no problems shown in the log file.

However, upon playing the disc, there is no sound! ImgBurn did in fact create the individual tracks and retain the tag information, which is awesome. I put in a commercial audio cd to make sure that the filters I installed didn't mess up my system and it played just fine.

Please help me correct my method of burning the cd so that it will play properly. TIA.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. Mrguss

Mrguss Regular member

I burn my FLAC's with Winamp player.

Hope helps.

4. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.