1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMGBurn successful, but ... ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by peart2112, Apr 1, 2007.

1. peart2112

peart2112 Member

I have copied many many DVDs using DVD Shrink, Any DVD etc ...
    I read a lot in these forums about copying a copy (With IMGBurn).
    I just did my first successful copy (So thanks to everyone for the help).
    Here's the question. When I normally copy a disc (Using DVD Shrink)
    the files on my hard drive are usually about 5 to 7 GB before I burn them to disc.
    When I did this IMGBurn copy, the files size was only 4.25 KB.
    (Huge difference).
    I'm just wondering if the quality of the burn is less using IMGburn & these small KB files).
    As far as I can tell, the copy of the copy is fine.
    Just looking for feedback on quality.
    Thanks

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I think you're getting mixed up. when you use DVDShrink it's to transcode the DVD to a smaller footprint to fit onto a DVD5 (single sided DVD recordable). When you use ImgBurn it's to burn to that DVD5! ImgBurn is a burning software not a transcoder! So..... if you are taking a store bought DVD you will need to use a transcoder (like Shrink) to make the DVD fit onto a DVD5. Then you can burn with ImgBurn or any other burning software! Now.... when you already made a copy and you want to copy the copy you already made.... then you can use ImbBurn because the copy is already on a DVD5! You don't need a transcoder or a program to break the encryptions because there are no encryptions to stop you from copying! I hope you can understand what I just explained.

and since you are making a copy of a copy.... the quality is the same!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

You must be selecting the MDS file.... IMGBurn and Decrypter create mds files with ISO files. It's basically a little info file with layer break and other info about the ISO file needed for burning. The mds file is usually only a few KB and the ISO is a few GB....