1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by hbkhhh69, Nov 8, 2004.

1. hbkhhh69

hbkhhh69 Member

I have looked on the site's support and tech issue faq page and my problem is not mentioned there. I am unable to run the game, when I double-click it icon nothing happens. I did Launch Analysis and it told me it saved an error log that the site serucom will evaluate. I emailed titled mill as well and did not get a response yet. I uninstalled the game and installed it again. I re-started the computer many times. How do I run the game?

2. hbkhhh69

hbkhhh69 Member

I got this email from when I emailed the tech support at SecuROM.

Dear Customer,

Please turn off Emulation Tools. This game will not work with emulators. Check the settings for Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% as follows:

For Daemon Tools on your system. Please try this:

1) Right click on the Daemon Tools icon in the lower right hand taskbar (circle either red or green)
    2) Select emulation from the menu choices
    3) Click on disable RMPS

Alcohol 120% can cause problems during the launch of a protected application if the RMPS flag is enabled. Please disable this flag on your system (instructions below) and try again to launch the software title. To disable the flag, do the following:

1) Launch Alcohol 120%.

2) Go to the Options Menu: --> Emulation.

3) Disable the RMPS flag by "unchecking" the RMPS box.

Make sure you have the original play disc in a local drive before launching the software. If this does not fix the launch issue, please generate a new analysis file using the following steps and submit:

1) Place the original "play" disc in a local physical drive.
    2) Re-boot the computer.
    3) "Right-click" on the desktop shortcut or the actual executable and a dialogue window will appear.
    4) Choose "Launch Analysis" from the choices and release the mouse.
    5) A disclaimer window will appear.
    6) To proceed, please click on the "Yes" button.
    7) The application will now generate an "AnalysisLog.sr0" file within the root of your hard drive.
    8) Please "zip" the file (to avoid email corruption) and submit it for evaluation.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team
    SecuROM on the web: http://www.securom.com
    or via e-mail: support@securom.com

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You didn't mention whether you had any of these apps installed. Do you or did you at any point?

Are you playing from an original or a copy?

4. hbkhhh69

hbkhhh69 Member

I had them installed and I did as followed. Still it does not work.

5. Nephilim

Are you playing from an original or a copy?

6. hbkhhh69

hbkhhh69 Member

Now this time, its a burnt ISO .BWT file and I did exactly what http://www.nforce.nl/index.php?m=nfo&id=79433 said. I removed AutoPlay feature, I used DAW PW writing mode. When it asked me to physically include BWA information, I did yes. It still does not work after un-installing, removing virtual drives. Emulation options are all turned off.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  7. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

ISO? Correct me if I'm wrong but ISO format is no good for holding copy protection data, making the image invalid.

8. hbkhhh69

hbkhhh69 Member

Yeay! the game works now:)!

9. Crown1978

Crown1978 Member

Well dude do tell us how you solved trhe problem please.. its enough of those people who dont share

10. hbkhhh69

hbkhhh69 Member

I burned the BWG file wrong, I was supposed to remove AUTOPLAY feature with BlindWrite and before this I thought I did but I didn't.

11. feargone

feargone Member

Which version of Blindwrite that you use?
    I'm using Blindwrite 5.2.6 and it doesn't have any option to remove autoplay and physically include topology information.

Where can I find the version of Blindwrite that will let me do that?

12. feargone

feargone Member

Finally, I got mine working.
    I use blindwrite 5.2.6.139 since I couldn't find blindwrite 4.5.7
    In order to make the game works, you have to download bw5Tweaker.exe (utility to change the profile of blindwrite 5).
    Then in the basic setting tab: uncheck everything, including unchecking Autoplay (important). Set start page as Write. Leave speed settings as default. Choose ignore on "handle read error" radio button. Choose "subcodes" as always. Then in topology settings, choose "Write using TwinPeak" and choose "slow" in topology method. Choose "always extract" in read topology.
    Then browse for correct topology file.

Finally, hit "run blindwrite" button and then blindwrite 5 will launch. Select your children of the nile source, put in your blank CD, and hit Write.
    You're set to go.

Hope this will help.

13. REL1203

REL1203 Member

Where do you find the BWA (Then browse for correct topology file).... I only got 3 files and dont know what the topology file? I have teh BWT, BWI, BWS file. Any help?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  14. feargone

feargone Member

You should have 4 files: BWA,BWS,BWT,BWI.
    Make sure you unzip all of the files.
    Other than that, I have no clue.

15. babafoon

babafoon Member

It took me three CDs to get this right. The instructions above are great and work. To get the missing BWA file, extract it from the original rar. (you can see the BWA during the first extraction after download) Put that BWA file to your final destination then continue to complete the rest of the unpacking and assembling as normal.

16. RemyAF

RemyAF Member

I have BlindWrite 5.2.6 and BWTweaker5 and tried to follow your instructions. From what I know of both programs, it should have worked. I followed them to the letter.

But...

The CD will not AutoPlay (no surprise there). When I try to install the game, it says it has a problem reading CotN.exe

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to get around it?

17. Crown1978

Crown1978 Member

sadly i do have the same problem..
    So until a NO CD crack appears im not gonna give shit anymore

18. feargone

feargone Member

Unfortunately, with this method, it is not a guaranteed 100%. What blindwrite trying to do is to make exact copy as the original CD (including copying the error bits that was intentionally written by the game manufacturer). In theory, if your burner is capable of reproducing the exact same error bits as the original CD, you should have perfect backup of the original CD games. Based from my observation, not all of the CD burners are capable of this exact reproduction. One that has highest rate of success is Plextor Premium drive. Liteon drives also seem to have many success.

Maybe try to check "enhance weak sector if any" in basic settings in bwtweaker as well. See if it will helps. I spent 6 blank CDs playing around with different settings before I can get the working CD. Still, even though it's working for my desktop PC, my notebook drive cannot read it (read error).

It seems that no-cd cracks for securom-protected CDs are getting harder to find nowadays? If you guys ever try to find the proper no-cd crack for Sims2, you know that they still haven't been successful to make the good working one (without disabling build mode).

Any suggestion would be appreciated, as I'm about as clueless regarding this stuffs.

19. Nephilim

To all,

Let's not get too far into nocd cracks :)

20. hbkhhh69

hbkhhh69 Member

Its still amazing people did not learn to follow directions. I used BlindWrite 4.5.7 and I think this is the link to download it - http://vso.nerim.net/blindwrite_full_setup.exe sorry don't know if thats spamming I just wanted to help out. You can't use any other version of BlindWrite. The version info will say 4.5.7.92 on the program name. Anyways, install it and remove auto play feature in the BlindWrite configuration section. When you go to burn the image, chose the BWA and go to advanced, there should be a check box for DAO PW, go next and chose the DAO PW writing option, go next and click go. It will burn. If you already installed it, remove the game and install it again using the new cd you just burnt.