1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important feedback Request

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by .NRG, Mar 18, 2003.

1. .NRG

.NRG Regular member

Hi all

My buddy has a modded box not sure what chip. He connected it to ethernet and it was fine, he want to see if he could play halo online. Anyhow he left it for a while and went to surf the net. He then went back to the box and saw Nothing! Everything was all black. So he tried to power it up, he got power but nothing on bootup. So after some very frustrating minutes he unplugged everything (thinking the worst) and then plugged everything back in. He then tried the power and all of a suddened it worked again! WTf happened there. He did tell me that he read somewhere that if you connect to live M$ will nuked moded boxes. Can that happen?

Any insight would be great. Thanks in advance.

2. hoppers

hoppers Regular member

DO NOT connect to xbox live with your mod chip installed. you will get banned and blocked!!!

this is a really bad idea!

3. .NRG

.NRG Regular member

No he wasnt connecting to live. he just deceided to connect it to the internet and try and play halo. Nothing at all to do with live

4. hoppers

hoppers Regular member

do all xbox games not have to connect via xbox live???

i could be wrong, i do not know much about online xbox stuff

5. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

.NRG, was he trying to connect through the tunneling program?

there is program that lets you play Halo online without xbox live, it tunnels a connection that allows you to play off of servers setup on the net..

however... certain games now have the option to "Download" new levels/content. if your xbox is setup with evolutino x dashboard and you had to rename it xboxdash.xbe, when you go to download, your xbox will connect to Microsoft and update the dashboard (so if your xboxdash is your evolution x dashboard, its going to delete that one and create a new one), so it willl appear that evolution x is gone. You'd just would want to re-install evolution x and don't reconnect to xbox live or try to download new content...

in conclusion, do a total backup of your C and E drive before you try to get more content (but remember, xbox live does ban you if you try to connnect with a mod chip) or just don't go the Download option in the new games to avoid the problem.

if you have any questions, drop a note..

6. .NRG

.NRG Regular member

Your are correct on the tunnel program, just forget the word at the time of writing that.

So even a tunneling a program can cause problems as well? He was using gamespy I think.

7. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

to get evolution x dashboard working again, you should only need to boot with your boot cd-rw and copy the evolution x dashboard back on your xbox..

hope that helps
    peace
    seamonkey420

Last edited: Mar 27, 2003