1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important question about Warm Color Temp on LCD's

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Xenokai, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

Ive been trying to determin which color temp would closly match my SDTV im use to. My sdtv never had a color temo option and was a old sanyo it always seemed spot on tho. Now with hdtv colors are more vibrant and clearer but the 3 color temo mode i have to chose from are hard to pick by eye. Cool, Neutral, and Warm. i really dont know what mode to pick to get best out of games and movies since i use ps3 for movies. Sometime im not sure which mode is best because i was wacthing the new pirate of the caribian movie on the warm setting and i noticed it was kinda green on some scenes and when i swicth it to neutral it was blueish green. Is it always best to use the warm setting? While warm seems the best on most movies it hard to determine what its suppose to look like. I dont know why im having trouble picking a color temp, maybe because i swicht to neutral sometime to see if its better? Sometime neutral seems better and sometimes it seems to blue. Warm usally seems best on alot of stuff and maybe to red to me on other stuff. Anyway what im really trying to do is determine which color temp will give me the most accurate colors? Is the oceans scenese in the new pirates movie greenish or is that the red from the warm setting giving me un accurate colors?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.