1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important Question, Please Help

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Janet1814, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Janet1814

Janet1814 Member

Hello, my concern is because i have a MP3 CD, a friend of mine sent me. I recived it and i putted it in my CDROM drive and 52 songs came up, in different folders, thats ok.

But yesterday i put the same CD into my DVD/MP3 Player outside my PC, and 120 songs came up, then i put it back on my PC and again only 52 show up, what can this weird problem be? They are all MP3 files, non are WAV or any other format, only that my PC will not read all the files.

Thanks

Richard

2. dyingfrog

dyingfrog Member

hided?
    I think it strange very much!
    Pc is certain to be stronger than mp3/dvd which I believe.
    what tool did u use to play?

3. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

Perhaps some of the songs are hidden, I really can only guess beyond that. It sort of makes since because dvd players aren't made with windows in mind so if something is hidden its only hidden in windows. Just, you know, choose to show all hidden in folder view or something, I don't think that's it, but still I can't think of anything else.

4. Janet1814

Janet1814 Member

I tried

MusicMatch MP3 Player
    Windows Media Player Mp3
    Real Player Mp3
    and ive even downloaded other MP3 players online, and non seem to find all the files.

I also tried opening them directly by clicking D:\ and one of the files has to have 30 mp3s and it only has 5.

Thanks

5. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

Is it possible that this CD has been burned in several sessions in a way that when burning the 2nd (3rd ...) session mp3s from the 1st session have been deleted? (= They're still there, but the TOC written in the last session makes Windows "think" they're not there anymore.)

I've never needed/tried this so far, but there should be tools that are able to find/read deleted files on a CD-R(W). Maybe (creating an image of the CD and using) some image handling tool like CDmage, WinIso, Isobuster does the job.

[EDIT]
    Goolge just told me that Bad copy pro and CD Data Rescue are able to read/recover "deleted" files on CD-R(W)s.
    [/EDIT]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2003
  6. Janet1814

Janet1814 Member

I tried BadCopy Pro, but nothing works, im gonna try the other CD Data Recovery.

Thanks anyways for your time replying to this thread, and if you have any other solutions please post them.

Richard