1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing VHS From A VCR To Computer - Winfast A250 LE My VIVO

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by mad89, Sep 17, 2004.

1. mad89

mad89 Member

does anyone know how to import VHS from a VCR to my computer?

i have:
    pentium 4 2.6
    160gb seagate hdd
    pioneer dvr-107d
    leadtek winfast a250 le my vivo video card

pinnacle studio 8

the main info i would like to know is how to connect the vcr to my computer... and what programs to use to convert it to mpeg to burn to a dvd...

any info will be appreciated.
    thanks

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well It is Simple to hook up a VCR to your Capture card...If you just look at the Back of your VCR and at the Input on the Capture card you would see how simple it is...Just Hook an RCA Cable from the Output on the VCR to the Input on the Card and then you might need an adapter to go from the RCA Output on the VCR to the "Line in" port on your Sound Card...

To capture you can use Studio 8...Just run studio 8 and go to "Capture" and see if you can see something on the screen...Also make sure you have the Drivers properly installed....

Good Luck

3. mad89

mad89 Member

thanks for the info Minion

the plug from my capture card is an s-video plug, and my vcr only has rca's, so obviously id need a s-video to rca adapter?
    would this be correct?

also what format does the video turn into when it goes on the computer?

any more info would be great

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
  4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes you would need a S-Video to RCA adapter...It is strange it only has a s-Video input and not a RCA Input as RCA is more common than S-Video....

The format the Video will be when it is Captured to your PC would depend on the software you used and what settings you used in that software and what format you wanted to use....

If you do not have a Lot of Disk Space like a seperate 80gb Hard drive then you should capture directly to Mpeg2 useing something like "InterVideo WinDVR 3.0" and after captureing to DVD compliant Mpeg2 you can use a DVD authoring program Like "DVDLab" or even "Tmpgenc DVD Author" to add your Chapters and menu"s and to Burn it to DVD for you.....

Cheers