1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impossible To Solve Burning Error with Nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by allstar15, Jul 30, 2006.

1. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

@natjen

What version of Nero are you using?

Are you getting the same error with all files or just this one file?

2. allstar15

allstar15 Member

Well I'm back. I downloaded the Nero you gave me laddyboy but still the same thing. I tried downloaded and burning some episodes from Naruto Choas but still the same burn error thing happens. I was just wondering whenever I put videos to burn in Nero, even when it worked, a little popup appears saying MPEG-4 decoding is not available. Maybe thats the problem? I can't believe that you also have AMD and it works fine with you. I don't believe it's the video because I already downloaded the same ones from 2 different websites. I don't know what else to do. Also its weird but when I search for Roxio components in my computer, it still comes up that I have some but in the control panel when I add or remove programs, it shows I don't have it. I have also run roxizap but it's still there. I'm also wondering if that may be the problem.

3. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

I'm out of ideas. I've never got the mpeg4 popup. I don't use NVE very much anymore because I've always found it somewhat problematic and slow.

4. allstar15

allstar15 Member

Yeah, same here. The only reason I like Nero is because of its simplicity. I'm probably going to go with Roxio. What do you think of it laddyboy?

5. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

I haven't used Roxio for years so I can't help there.

6. allstar15

allstar15 Member

Thanks again for the help

7. monkey60

monkey60 Member

Maybe you should forget Nero and try a different program.

What about something like "Clone DVD" or "DVD Shrink"

8. allstar15

allstar15 Member

Can they change the video into 16:9?

9. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

CloneDVD and DVD Shrink are for backing up DVDs. You're looking for AVI to DVD conversion programs.

10. natjen

natjen Member

HI, no they can't because all they do is compress DVD-9 to DVD-5, man get on the right thread Monkey60.

Small update from my part, I pulled all components out of my PC on the weekend including the CPU, I cleaned it off, re-seated it, re-pasted it and put a new heat sink and 80mm fan on it - no difference - Nero still will not transcode.

I am having mixed success with convertxtodvd but still it is nothing like Nero 7's transcoding.

I have searched high and low for the solution to this and I know a thing or two about PC's, transcoding, etc.. and for the life of me I can't solve it and it doesn't seem like anyone else has been able to either.... The saga continues.....

11. allstar15

allstar15 Member

I agree. I sent an email to Nero help service and we will see what they say. I'll let you posted. I looked at all of my error logs and they all keep saying that DVDengine: error. If I figure out what that means, I'm pretty sure it will work again.

[15:10:39] DVDEngine ERROR
    [15:10:39] DVDEngine cause: 128 (nmc_processing_exception)
    [15:10:39] DVDEngine source: DEGuardNMCConversion
    [15:10:39] DVDEngine description: SEH EXCEPTION caught during INeroMediaConverter::DoConversion().

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  12. natjen

natjen Member

Sounds good to me allstar15, I am not giving up either, we should try to keep this post going with what we try so that others too might be able to learn. It seems we are by no where near the only ones with this problem and I would love to know the answer....

13. allstar15

allstar15 Member

Well I had a little miracle happen today. I tried using Nero again but changed the video options to standard play, but once again burn process failed. I then saved the entire project and switched the video option to automatic and I fell asleep. When I woke up I had my disk burnt. I haven't tested out the disk yet so I don't know if it's ok but I did play a little bit of it and it did work. Maybe all we have to do to make it work is fall asleep? :D I will try again later on or tomorrow again. I also cut down from downloading 4 episodes to 3 episodes.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  14. natjen

natjen Member

hey that's great news, let me know if you can recplicate the success ;-)

15. allstar15

allstar15 Member

Yeah, I tried again and it worked. I just have a weird problem. Ever since I bought my dvd burner and Nero with it, everytime I made a DVD and played it on the tv, the video makes a screeching noise 5 minutes in, stops, then continues. Sometimes it doesn't make noise for the whole movie and at the last second it does again. I was just wondering what it could be. I'm wondering if thats why Nero makes burning process failures when it is transcoding menus and I don't know if it is that or if it is my DVD burner. I have a Sony DVD +-R Double Layer DVD burner. This noise is driving me crazy. I don't know what forum to reply this in.

16. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Does the screeching occur on backed-up commercial DVDs as well or just on avi to dvd conversions?

17. allstar15

allstar15 Member

Normal DVD's that you buy from the store work great, its just the avi to dvd dvd's that make the screeching sound. If Nero still works, I'm planning later to lower the burner speed to perhaps 2X. I'm thinking perhaps that will solve it.

18. natjen

natjen Member

Just an update on my side - problem solved! Seems that my processor is on the way out. I turned down the multiplier to run it slower than it's stated speed and voila! Nero worked first time!!
    So Allstar15 if you have checked your RAM it might be worthwhile checking your processor....
    Cheers

19. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Congrats on solving your problem, natgen! Was the processor overheating and causing the errors?

20. natjen

natjen Member

G'Day no not overheating as such it just doesn't seem to able to handle the load - so it is definately dying a slow death :)