1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Improve Digital Reception on DTV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Xplorer4, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

I have a Vizio Plasma tv thats DTV ready. The reception using the built in DTV tuner can be pretty bad at times. Is there anything I can do to improve reception?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

2. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

Are you using an over the air antenna?

You will get a better response if you can give a little more detail about what you are using.

3. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

Yes it is a built in over the air antennae.

4. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

So are you using anything externally or is the antenna actually in the tv? If that is the case there would have to be a way to extend the range using rabbit ears or an outside antenna.

How about the tv model info please?

5. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

Well usually built in means inside the TV...so I dont see why you would need to actually know the specific make and model as its a universal thing and seems all tvs now come with a built in antenna.

But since you asked, its a Vizio 42" Class Plasma HDTV with Built-in Tuner, VP422HDTV10A.

Do you have any idea what your talking about? I appreciate you trying to help but you sounds mostly clueless.

6. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

I will have to make sure to write that one down: Make sure to call anyone who responds to my thread "mostly clueless". If you have ever read any other threads then you you would see a pattern of questions from those trying to give help. They want specifics. How on earth are they supposed to help if you give a vague description of the situation?

Anyway, you never did answer if you were connecting the tv to an outside source for reception. That is what you need to do. Here is a link from the user manual for your model. Look at page 3. If you decide not to use an outside antenna you can use rabbit ears unless you are already connected to a cable box which would be something pertinent to the equation. You sound mostly clueless though.

http://www.vizio.com/assets/0/92/440/94/118/6cebc25e-85b5-41b4-8d2d-c52dde687c68.pdf

7. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

Actually i did answer, in the first reply. Last time I checked built in over the air antennas were, ya know, built in. Last time I checked built in wasnt an external source, unless I missed something. While never providing an exact model there was enough info to figure out the model pretty easy, but like I said built in antennas and there workings are universal. Some may work better then others but there workings are the same none the less.

Thanks for trying but I actually received a quality Q&A session on another forum. The answer was pretty simple, an antenna, as I had suspected all along but wanted confirmation. Who would of thought that ehh?

8. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

Second reply

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  9. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

Hey who posted this?

10. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

Hey who has no life and digs through old posts. Seriously, thats pretty trollish.

11. kennedyd3

kennedyd3 Member

OK.
    You need to find out what your reception is like.
    Go to hXXp://www.antennaweb.org (tt for xx)
    When you enter your zip code you will find distance to towers and recommended antenna.
    I live 65 miles from towers, (you do know it is still line of sight,right ?)
    I have a huge antenna on my roof for fringe reception but it works well. When you go to channel scan most sets have a section for checking what the reception is like. On my LG it is bad, good, excellent.
    Just trying to help, don't shoot me.
    Good Luck.

12. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

^as long as your not a troll like the other guy, I appreciate. Anways this thread is dead. Like I said i garnered all the info I needed already. I was already aware of signal strengths in my area. Btw theres no need to hxxp your links. Thanks though.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009