1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In need of help, My screen as gone funny!!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by chico1984, Mar 9, 2007.

1. chico1984

chico1984 Member

Hey guys, Im in need of a little help. Im a TOTAL newbie with computers & I am at a loss.
    Basically even though my monitor is upright in a standard position, the screen is 90deg anti clock wise. You know how you can rotate photo's 90deg, 180deg ECT ECT, well that’s whats happened here to my screen (Im sorry I couldn’t come up with a better example).I have fiddled around with the screen settings a bit but Im afraid I will do more harm than good. Im sure it’s something simple but like I said Im a bum when it comes to computers. So I was wondering if one of you saints could help me, it would be much appreciated & I would be ever soo grateful. Many thanks. Damien :)

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

There are two ways you can set your monitor's viewing angle. On the monitor, and in your driver's settings.

Make sure your driver's settings are set to how you want them first. I'm not totally positive on ATI's settings as I don't use them...but if you're using Nvidia, either launch the Nvidia Control Panel, or right click your desktop, go to properties. Click on the Settings tab, and go to Advanced. Click on the tab that has your video card labeled (ie...GeForce 7900). Click on the NVRotate section. Set it how you want it. Then, go to the monitor itself and reset it.

3. chico1984

chico1984 Member

Thanks for the speedy reply. I have done as you told me but cant seem to find the nvrotate section. I just noticed something very odd too, when I first turn the computer on & it starts loading the screen is fine, for instance the windows logo is upright like its suposed to be, but as soon as it gets to the part where you choose what account you want to use (when the cursor appears), even the cursor is tilted 90deg anti clock wise. Strange. Im thinking it cant be the monitor settings now then, could a virus do this?
    Thanks for the help, its much appreciated.
    Damien