1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In the market for an MP3 Player

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jeff9756, Aug 31, 2004.

1. jeff9756

jeff9756 Member

I am looking for a excellent mp3 player, but one requirement would be to share my music with other mp3 players such as me or my wife would own. With the IPod's I've heard its impossible to take the music out, you can only insert or delete. With the Rio's there some type of technology that only lets you work with it for a few days before it deletes on you (thanks to Microsoft). Any suggestions on what I should be looking for and if my product exists? Thanks.

2. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

I really don't know if there are any mp3 players with this capability. I've been searching around but haven't been able to find anything. If I find anything, I'll be sure to post.

3. jeff9756

jeff9756 Member

I found a creative labs zen touch mp3 player at amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...d=I16XG772YWAABP&v=glance&colid=1MQ0M89V5U5GQ

It seems impressive and to good to be true. It has a 24 hour battery and is able to upload files to and from its mp3 player. My only question is its functionality. Lots of reviews state its filing system is a mess and its a wannabe ipod. I just need a mp3 player designed for pc's. I'm sick of all these ipod's that are designed for mac's. In fact I used to work at Apple, and Steve Jobs has said in may conversations with his employees that he concentrates on only macs, pcs are secondary and if you want stuff designed for pcs, "get a pc". Perfect example is using windows on a mac. So how can I expect to get a ipod, if one it may not work great on my pc and two can't withdraw files from it. Thanks for any help.

4. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

Have you read the amazon reviews? They can tell you a lot because these people have used the mp3 player and there are 43 reviews of this product. Out of the 43 reviews of this product, only 4 or 5 were under 3 stars and most of them were over 3 stars.

5. jeff9756

jeff9756 Member

In your experience, is that good or bad? I've noticed sometimes it can be right and other times dead wrong. How about you?

6. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

Usually, I am satisfied with the product when it is rated like the creative is. I guess you just have to do some research and make sure that this is the product you want.