1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

inCD problems

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by zeus68, Nov 19, 2002.

1. zeus68

zeus68 Guest

I have winXp, an LG8400b and latest nero and inCD software. When trying to format a TDK700RW disc it gets to about 98% and then crashes with an error code. I can not format the damn things. Autoinsert is disabled, WinXP recording is disabled and also tried setting MaxRiteSpeed as 7000 in the registry. Any ideas? The weird thing is that when viewing the medium info from nero after the cd was not formated properly it shows the drive (under winXP disk manager) as having 512mb space but I can't use it from explorer. Tried to erase the disk and still get errors if chose to erase fully. But I think it erases it. Any ideas? It is driving mad.

2. Racemann

Racemann Regular member

I didn't like the latest InCD myself. It screwed up all my CDRW's previously formatted by the previous version.

My setup is a bit different than yours, i.e. Win98SE, a LiteON 52/24/52, 512 mb.

I went back to the OEM version of InCD supplied with my burner. Everything works fine.

Another thing to consider is the TDK media you use as well.

You can erase the media under Nero. Make sure the media is not in the drive, select erase rewritable in Nero and then insert it. It worked for me.

3. zeus68

zeus68 Guest

Well the first VD I formated crashed and it's unusable but the rest seem ok. I wonder if the disabling of autoinsert notification has made any difference. The only problem is that the discs are now 524 mb formated instead of 700mb

4. Racemann

Racemann Regular member

That's about the same amount of capacity I have under InCD Mt. Rainier using 650mb CDRW.

Do you get close to 700mb using 700mb CDRW's?

5. zeus68

zeus68 Guest

This is the first time I used packet software like inCD and tried them with TDK 700MB RW and I get about 537mb of space. Pretty good when it works though cause you can quickly delete the files and rename them or update them. inCD seems to work ok now. Out of one pack of 10 TDK700RW one has gone bad, the rest formated with no problem