1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incompatabilty problems on cloned DVDs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by krusick, May 3, 2005.

1. krusick

krusick Member

Have a problem in reading disks on a Sylvania DRVR90VE (mfg by Funai) . First, have a bunch of VCR tapes that I want to convert over to DVD. I first dub the VCR tapes onto a DVD-R on the DRVR90VE and get satisfactory results; i.e., I can play the CD on the DRVR90VE and other DVD Readers. Then, when I want to make copies, I take them to my computer that has an EMPREX DVD Dual Layer Internal DVD +-/RW Drive (also made by Funai) installed. I've installed the Nero package that came with the Emprex, and also downloaded "CloneDVD2" and the "AnyDVD" programs. When I look at the CD that I burnt on the DRVR90VE (the master) it has one file folder called "Video_TS" and the ones that I clone have two folders "Video_TS" and "Audio_TS". The files in the Video_TS are identical to the original DVD, and the Audio_TS file is empty. Aha, because I had made a disk file to hold the files, it contained both a Video_TS folder and an Audio_TS folder on it, all I'd have to do is to delete the Audio_TS folder and that would keep any reference to the folder off the cloned CD. Wrong, using CloneDVD2 to write the folder that contains the Video_TS folder still produces an Audio_TS folder. I think, that when the DRVR90VE sees the "Audio_TS" folder, although it's empty, it gets confused and rejects the disk as a format not supported. I've got a whole bunch of coasters trying to make this thing work.

Like I said, other home entertainment DVD readers have no problems playing the cloned DVDs back, although the cloned DVDs have the empty "Audio_TS" folder; it appears only the DRVR90VE has the problem. Does anyone have any ideas how I can prevent the "Audio_TS" from being written to the cloned DVD. Thanks in advance for any replies and helpful hints.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

the audio ts should not be a problem! it should be there but as you say not needed either! so you can take it out

if you use nero you can just make the VIDEO_TS folder in dvd mode and put all files in that and burn!

[​IMG]