1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incomplete conversion of DVD to .avi (last minutes missing)

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by corin78, Apr 25, 2007.

1. corin78

corin78 Guest

Hi all,

If anyone posted something similar before please give me the link so as not to clutter the forum.

CONTEXT: rip DVD to HDD using DVDDecrypter, then convert DVD image to one big .avi file using 1Click DVD Ripper and Xvid codec. This has worked wonderfully for tens of DVDs so far.

PROBLEM: recently I have bought some big Wagner opera (NTSC format), and when trying to convert it the ripper stops before getting to the end of the file (out for 2h:40m total time it ends somewhere at 2h:38m). The .avi file still has 2h:40m length, but it is slightly "stretched", becoming linearly out of phase in respect to the original (that means slower), so when it reaches the end time of 2h:40m it only corresponds to time 2h:38m in the original, then ripping stops and the last 2 minutes don't make it in the .avi.

I have tried using for .avi conversion 29.97 FPS (original), 25 FPS, select segment based on time or on chapter, nothing helps. If anyone has run into this before please please let me know what might be wrong.

P.S. I wouldn't rip it in separate .avi files and then join them, I fear the audio may not be joined smoothly and one hears a click or so in the middle).

ThanX,
    Coriolan

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

To stay on the safe side, RIP before and CONVERT the DVD files into AVI later, so all the possible reasons for causing an error are kept separated.
    I would suggest you to rip the DVD with an updated DVD ripper, then to use Auto Gordian Knot (AGK).

3. attar

attar Senior member

4. corin78

corin78 Guest

Thank you for the answers guys.
    I'll try to see if I can get any improvement with the tools you suggested.

Coriolan