1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incomplete conversion with AVI2DVD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by bubba1278, Mar 24, 2007.

1. bubba1278

bubba1278 Member

I have read hundreds of threads and have not found any reference to the problem I'm having.
    I'm using AVI2DVD to convert my AVI files. The process runs complete with no errors. I then used IMGBURN to burn the ISO to DVD. The size of the file meant I needed a DVD-DL. After putting in the dvd-dl a pop-up window said that I could fit the movie on a single layer dvdr but would I like to continue anyway. Of course I didn't want to waste the dl so I changed media.
    The burn process completed with no errors or issues. Disc played in my stand alone player, but the last 10-15 min were cut off.
    I repeated the process with a dvd-dl and ended up with the same result. By suggestion I checked the converted files and low and behold they were incomplete. The original AVI is fine. This problem exists with all of the AVI's I've attempted to burn. Thankfully I'm no longer wasting blank dvd's but would love to fix the issue.
    I gave DVD Flick a try and ended up with only 10min. of a movie on the disc.
    Note: When backing up my own DVD's with DVDSHRINK I get complete conversions and burns...
    I've read all of the guides, joined countless forums and have yet to hear of a similar issue. Please help.

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

one good thing to do if you are downloading the avi files, and if the files are torrents make sure that you read the comments on the file to see if there is anything wrong with the file, also before you start your conversion make sure that you run the file through g-spot and see what that tells you, also convertxtodvd is a great converter once you use it you won't want to use anything else. good luck