1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incomplete/damaged files all the time?

Discussion in 'Usenet newsgroups - Help, how-tos and discussion' started by r1cht3a, Jan 23, 2010.

1. r1cht3a

r1cht3a Member

Everything i download now comes down as damaged/incomplete and because its every file theres never enough blocks to par repair it. its been happening now for a few days. I've switched everything off for 15mins then restarted the modem first waited 5 mins then the router waited five mins then the pc no change. The pc is hard wired to the router. Should i contact my service provider with this issue or is news rover bust?

2. r1cht3a

r1cht3a Member

OK still got problem. Have tried:
    Re-install of news rover
    Contacting internet provider who said they removed some glitches from the line (fibre optic)

Getting p****d off now!

3. Denver621

Denver621 Regular member

try defragmenting the hard drive.

if that doesnt work try switching out the hard drive.

For the longest time i was getting just a few bad files from every archive I downloaded that had files larger than 50mb each. I thought it was my ISP also. Then one day I decide to upgrade my harddrive and all of the sudden I no longer get archives with a few bad files.

maybe your harddrive has just about had it and it is causing errors when you download.

4. Mr5o1

Mr5o1 Member

if your nsp is astraweb they've been plagued by problems like this lately..

try switching between the us and eu server - I've had a few dramas my self.