1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incorrect field order when frameserving in Virtualdub

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by aniar, Mar 19, 2005.

1. aniar

aniar Member

I'm trying to frameserve an .avi through Virtualdub to Tmpgenc and it's giving me the wrong field order.It's supposed to be the top field first but instead after it analyzes the .avi it says bottom field first.So I try encoding it with bottom field first and the resulting .mpeg file was jerky and behaved the same way a video would if you encoded the wrong field order...So,I switched it to top field first and the resulting .mpeg still stuttered.Anyway,when I just feed the captured unedited .avi file through tmpgenc it works fine.When I try frameserving it,it doesn't come out right.

Here's the filters I use in Virtualdub:

nulltransform
    resize: lazcanzo3
    dynamic noise reduction
    2d cleaner
    sharpen

Am I doing anything wrong here?

2. aniar

aniar Member

Anyone? :[

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Are you watching this Jumpyness on your PC or on your DVD Player?? Because Interlaced Video will allways Look Jumpy on a Progressive Monitor because it displayes Both Fields of a Frame at the same Time as Opposed to a field at a Time, If you watched the File useing a software DVD Player Like WinDVD or PowerDVD and you got jumpy Playback then the Problem is probably a field order problem....

I don"t have a Clue on how to configure V-Dub to Frameserve with the Fields reverced but if all else Fails and you are stuck you can allways use the De-Interlace Filter In either V-Dub or Tmpgenc which will get Rid of the Field order problem and if you add a Bit of a sharpen filter it will help Remove the Blurryness that can sometimes happen when De-Interlaceing....

Cheers