1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incorrect Video Resolution

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Paolo75, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Paolo75

Paolo75 Member

I have 3 MPEG2 DVD compliant files. I loaded them all into TMPGEnc DVD Author and selected all the relevant options. I clicked the "begin output" button and got the following error message.

The video resolution of 480x576 cannot be used for a standard DVD.

Does anyone know how i can change the video resolution of my files so it will be a standard DVD resolution?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Your Problem is that the Files you are trying to Put on DVD aren"t DVD Compliant Files, they are SVCD Files and are in Pal...The Only way to Change the resolution is you re-encode the Files to DVD resolution but this will GREATLY Reduce the Quality of the Files...If I were you I would Make a Non-Standard DVD or what is Basicly SVCD on DVD...The Only DVD authoring Program that will Accept SVCD Files to author to DVD is a DVD authoring Program called "DVD-Lab" there is a 30 day demo available here: http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/ ...
    It is a Far superior Program to Tmpgenc DVD author and has Much more advanced features....Well This is the Best way to go about it because the other way involves you re-encodeing the Files to Pal DVD Resolution (720+576) which will destroy the Original Quality...Good Luck