1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Increase of CPU usage caused by service.exe

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Rubaijat, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Rubaijat

Rubaijat Member

Hi,

i recently bought a bluetooth headset (plantronics 590a), but i can't get it to work properly with my laptop. The sound is great, but i can't get the mic working. Since my laptop wasn't born with BT i bought a dongle (years ago) and today i'd installed the drivers for it. The dongle is a level one (MDU-0005USB and drivers where downloaded).

After installing the driver, a 'bluetooth wave' is appearing in the sound settings, and it connect just fine with that. But as soon as i start the bluetooth manager i just installed (Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba, v4.00.35) the service.exe in the Task Manager starts eating whetever CPU there is, and its constantly at 100%.

It is not possible to manipulate with service.exe since its a windows system process. If anyone knows how to work around this, or can help me with my initial problem (getting the mic to work) i would greatly appriciate it. Thank you in advance,

Rasmus, Denmark

2. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

i am not sure why your mic is not working, but in relatition to service.exe i may have some helpful info sourced from another site.

in summary Services.exe is an important file.

Service.exe is spyware

3. Rubaijat

Rubaijat Member

Thanks for the answer gozilla! after your post i checked again and unfortunately its services.exe i have problems with. I had read it wrong the first time. Im sorry about that.

It seems like, its only when i connect my bluetooth dongle services.exe starts eating up all the cpu power and the it dosn't help to unplug it again.

I think i will get a dongle made for headset, since it seems like im not the first one to experince mic problems with this headset, so maybe both problems can be solve by this.

Thanks again for your reply.