1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Increasing my partition space without losing data by clubbing the used C drive and partially used D drive partitions

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Balaga, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Balaga

Balaga Guest

Hi guys... I have a 120 GB Serial ATA Seagate Hard disk.I have partitioned it into 10 gb as C drive, 30 GB as D drive and 80 GB as E drive. Due to lot of applicatio downloads,my C drive space has decreased to 772 MB, whereas my D drive has 26 GB free still. I want to increase my C drive partition size [bold]without losing data in C drive[/bold](I want to club both C and D drive partition). I do not mind if the data in D drive partition is lost in the process.I am using windows XP.Please help me.I have absolutely no idea what to do. Alternatively, please mail me on vijaybalaga@yahoo.com.
    Any help given is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks guys

2. LordZuul

LordZuul Guest

The quickest way is to use a partition management software like Partition Magic... Version 8.x onwards will successfully manage XP NTFS or FAT32 partitions. It also has the advantage of being able to revert back to FAT32 from NTFS... As yet I need to find a reason to do this...

The other thing that you may want to do is to make set your working directory and profile directories to your "data" partition in future...

3. Balaga

Balaga Guest

Hi Pal.Thanx a ton. BTW, I searched the net for a download for Partition Magic 8.0. I am finding only Demo versions. Would that be enough to do the job?

4. LordZuul

LordZuul Guest

I honestly don't know... haven't tried the demo versions...

5. Balaga

Balaga Guest

Hi L,
    Sorry for bothering you again. The demo version i downloaded was only a simulator and does not perform any tasks(In other words, it is junk!!). Can you please suggest me a Partition magic free download URL? I also have a P2P download software called Kazaalite++ with the user name 'SvelteSpike'.
    Thanks and Regards

6. Balaga

Balaga Guest

Hi Pal... Got Partition Magic 8.0 from Kazaa.. System's working fine. Thanx a ton !!!!!
    Cheers