1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incredibles and Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Weirdo007, Mar 19, 2005.

1. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I've noticed people I know and on this website have had compatibility issues with roxio. Shrink and Decrypter work great together, but roxio may case problems. If you decide to uninstall roxio, you may need a tool to completely remove it. I will post the tool website if I find it or maybe someone else will help. Good luck.

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I've noticed people I know and on this website have had compatibility issues with roxio. Shrink and Decrypter work great together, but roxio may cause problems. If you decide to uninstall roxio, you may need a tool to completely remove it. I will post the tool website if I find it or maybe someone else will help. Good luck.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2005
  3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

4. LordKyro

LordKyro Member

oops, lol
    I mean that I um... bought a legal copy maybe...?(psh, who has ever heard of that)
    I now seem to be having problems, the DVD Shrink program keeps saying something about a cyclic error, anyone know what is up with it?

5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Thats better LOL
    As for your crc errors,they usually mean a dirty, scratched, or bad disc.That error will also come up, when you run into some of the newer encryptions that have came out recently.
    Try ripping with dvd decrypter first, or have AnyDvd running in the background,free trial version available.

6. LordKyro

LordKyro Member

so, first I use dvd decrypter and then I use dvd shrink, then I use nero to burn to dvd?
    yikes, that is alot more complex that using dvd x copy platinum(which I happen to have the install file to if anyone wants it, you will have to activate it somehow though...)

7. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Shrink and nero will work fine. The only time you will use decrypter first is when shrink isn't able to rip a dvd with newer protections(Arcoss).

8. mini_mod

mini_mod Member

thanks for the info on unistalling roxio jim_dandy

9. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

If your using shrink, and you come up with a crc error,and your sure the disc is fine.Chances are you ran into the arcoss encryption.Thats when you use dvd decrypter first.Some people use dvdd first all the time, but I think thats an unnecessary extra step.IMO

mini_mod,your welcome,I hope you got your problems sorted out now.

good luck
    jD

10. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

Thxs for all the replys and insight it is greatly appreciated. I made sure the disc was clean, used a little windex and a soft cloth to dry it, the original plays fine in the standalone. Doesn't skip, doesn't jump, nothing. Just when I try to rip it is when I'm having problems. It rips fine with Decrypter up until about 1/2 way into VOB #7, humming along at about 8x read, then just grinds down, until it finally bottoms out at 0.0kbs and gives me the read error. It will try to read it, sometimes it will pick up to about 100kbs then bottoms out again. I know Disney is notorious for this protection scheme, if that is indeed what it is, because I've ran into it on other Disney movies. No offense to Lightning UK, I LOVE the program but is there anything you can do to correct this? Thxs again!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try installing the newest version of AnyDVD and run it threw Decrypter again..

12. LordKyro

LordKyro Member

I am having the same problem as weird.
    I have temporarly fixed my problem by running decrypter on another computer that had a dvd reader and then I am using shrink on it, then transfering the file over our home network to the computer with the burner to burn, this is very annoying though.
    Might it have something to do with the burner?

13. snorkel

snorkel Member

I too have copied the incredibles with no problems. I used dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. I copied just the movie only and 5.1 audio - but the compression ratio was at 80% --I couldn't get it any smaller - even after cutting off the ending credits.

TIP - this movie has some crap at the beginning that is not essential and can be cut off and get you a few more percent if you want it.

I see a similar thread is posted on the Shrink forum, so i am responding here because I assume the thread on the shrink forum will be deleted at some point.

14. sunup

sunup Regular member

roxio was a big problem. Its junk, Once I got rid of it all is well.