1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

info on ftp

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by g_prime, Nov 4, 2003.

1. g_prime

g_prime Member

Hi how come when i transfer some divx movies to my xbox on flash fxp they always seem to fail but some work. any one have any ideas

2. agent000

agent000 Member

are you saying that when transfering files it says " Transfer Failed" or something like that.
    Yeah i had a problem similar to that. All i did was rename the file that i was transfering and then when transfered i renamed it back to its original name.

3. enog29

enog29 Member

Assuming you have no probs FTPing into Xbox:
    download xbmp 2.4(sorry cant tell you where to get it) extract the files to ur desktop...all the files should be in a folder called "xbmp" and then transfer this to E:Apps

so if u dont have a folder called Apps in ur E partition make one...so then you should have E:Appsxbmp...now make 3 more folder in e OR f partitions but since im going by whats set in default in the config.xml file e is the actual partition it points to so make those 3 folder in e like so (e:music e:pictures e:videos) i would recommend to edit the config.xml file to change these to the f partiton since f has more space than e but do it this way to test out a sample of each media...then just upload a music file into e:music, etc make sure you transfer at a slow speed.

4. enog29

enog29 Member

check that the files are less than 40 characters and have no symbols in the name like ! [] and others. if thats the case and you have a lot of files that need the name changed get an app like xboxprecopy tool which will change all the names for you.

heres a small overview of some of the restrictions:

Maximum File Length: 42 Characters

The following characters are permitted:
    ! # $ % & ' ( ) - . @ [ ] ^ _ ` { } ~
    Numerals 0 through 9
    Upper and lower-case letters A through Z

The following characters cannot be used:
    < > = ? :; " * + , / |
    Characters values 0 through 31 and 128 through 255

also, check the space left on the partiton you are copying to. Are you trying to send to the F drive?
    If yes, how large is your hard drive (Total), and what does evox report as the free space on F.