1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

INFO ON HOW TO UPGRADE LITE ON 5005 FIRMWARE PLEASE

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by UTDKING, Mar 1, 2005.

1. UTDKING

UTDKING Member

Hi
    I wonder if anyone can help me my sister has a Lite on Dvd recorder 5005 which she brought from Argos and would like to update the firmware on the machine after going to lite on web site using the serial no 0102-0243-0071-G2B9 and it gave me two files to download the files are listed below

1) LNFBE080.DSU.0102.024x Firmware Update
    2) LNFB1000.D20.0102.024x Driver Update
    The lite on web site states I must install the system driver before update the firmware
    I have read on various forums and that it is possible to make the DVD recorder region free and also turn off the Macro vision and enable a 3hr recording mode on this machine

I Know This Possible by Hacking the Firmware with Mr Wizard’s software using this link http://ilohacker.tripod.com/
    But I have tried this by extracting the firmware file with Win Rar but it fails
    I also have the File LNFBE098.ESU.0102.124x Which I Guess is The Firmware 0098 Which I Downloaded From The Lite On Web Site And if I run it through the hacking software it produces a hacked firmware file

Is it safe to apply the Hack 0098 To the Machine and do I need to update the system file before apply the hack I guess it the uk version of the firmware

Can someone give me instruction of how to make my sister Dvd Recorder to Region Free Macro vision Turn Off and 3hr Recording Mode

If its possible to hack the file LNFBE080.DSU.0102.024x do I apply that before the drive update
    My sister ask me to find out as she is not very technical

The Machine Was Purchased In The Uk

Many Thanks
    Utdking
    Hope Someone Can Help

2. alfie80

alfie80 Member

I got the lition 5004 from argos, and following the instructions for the hack , i first of all dowwnloaded the 2 updates and unzipped them into a seperate folder, i then ran the hack programme and showed it were to look for the liteon upgrade the hack then did its stuff and i saved the new info into a new folder called hack , i then burned the files contained within hack onto a CD and when done and finalised put it into the DVD recorder where it ran the upgrade, i now have a macro disabled recorder and have used it to make backups of my existing bought VHS tapes, the only problem i have is that the volume is low and there is a degree of "hiss" or tape noise, i am currently seeking out a graphic equaliser either software or hardware to try to overcome this as an ordinary amplifier did not help much.
    if any one out there has had a similar problem and has found a workaround i would love to here from you.
    hope this helps, all the best
    Ian

3. alfie80

alfie80 Member

P.S i used the free version of winzip to unzip all the files, and i think i only put the one file from the liteon upgrade (the one containing the macrovision)onto the CD (burned as a VCD i think)as i wasent sure what to do with the other liteon upgrade file.

4. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

alfie80,
    If you are using the front inputs on the recorder, sometimes you will get noise. Make sure you are using the back inputs. If you are using the back inputs, it may be an issue with the recorder.

UTDKING,

1. Download and unzip the 2 files for your recorder.
    2. Download the Smart Firmware Hacking Tool. http://ilohacker.tripod.com
    3. Run the hacking tool on the SYSTEM firmware file.
    4. Burn the HACKED system file and the drive update file to 2 seperate DATA CD's. Make sure to finalize them.
    5. Upgrade the system firmware first. Make sure the upgrade completes and the disc tray ejects before restarting the recorder.
    6. Restart the recorder and verify that you have an LP 3-hour mode in the recording properties.
    7. Use the region free remote code to verify region free and change if needed. To do this, go to the setup screen, highlight EXIT, press 2960 on the remote. This should make visible a region selection menu. Verify the recorder is set to region free or 0. If not, change it. For instructions with screen captures for this step, go to my ILO Firmware Download Page and look for the link near the top for the Remote Region Hack or click this link. http://www.ss3f.com/ilo/regionfree.htm
    8. Press the setup button to exit the setup screen.
    9. Update the drive with the drive update file.

This should get everything updated and give you the hacked features.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  5. UTDKING

UTDKING Member

GTRN
    thanks for all the info i burn the files as iso files using nero as that seems to be right as people suggest on this forum
    can anyboby confirm this

Pete
    Utdking