1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info regarding sound or other queries within (NO CODE REQUESTS/code POSTING)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

Once you have done your updates you will find instructions to getting your chs in 'misc'

2. richy6976

richy6976 Regular member

cheers mr kmac i got it now so whats your opinion on "the box" is it overall much better than the 1st starviews is the epg any better cos lets face it it couldnt get much worse could it

3. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

They are the starview but in a different wrapper and the epg is the same none at times as you know yourself you get what you pay for if you want an epg buy eurovox

4. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

It is basically the same as previous except continous support will be available for the box and not for the rest as far as I hear.

4.53/4.54 comes with added features if you go to wizard it will tell you.

EPG is ok if you have your time sorted on your box just takes a while to load in.

:)

5. richy6976

richy6976 Regular member

well yes thats true you get what you pay for but i've sold lots of starviews to friends and wanna stick with them so i can still keep on top of there's when they do occasionally go down just thought with newer firmware the epg might be a bit better i think they certainly look better in there new shell and as i only paid £140 for 2 boxes with free delivery thats cheaper than most of the clones thats available

6. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

They are easier and quicker to install than the rest though I think the Eurovox for cable net work and technomate for astra network are the best and by far better quality.

7. richy6976

richy6976 Regular member

just had a look on wizard but can only seem to find the actual 3 boxes for sale cant seem to find anything about the software

8. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

it is there m8 just use the force and you will find it when I did it took me to the forums

9. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

Courtesy of wizard:

Additional Functions 4.54

1. Added new function / TV Ratio -- > you can adjust easily Letter and Full screen with "Blue Key" on the RCU.

2. Added new function / DVB Subtitle : Press "Red Key" - > select up/down key if you want the subtitles.

3. Added new function / 12 Categories edit and Select. -- > you can change favourite list by press blue key with the RCU on the channel edit.

4. Added new function / Hidden channel ( Redirect channel ) -- > To Redirect channel setting, by press "S.L key" with the RCU on the channel edit

10. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

that was actually for 4.52 sorry

11. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

From Wizard:

4.53/4 improvements

Update message with " Version 4.53 "

a ) EPG speed upgrade

b) New Function Add ( AUTO TP : n** AREA Only ) Other area will be add this function as soon as possible.

c) Quick Aspect Ratio by pressing the blue button going from fullscreen to widescreen as now been fixed.

1. Added new function / TV Ratio -- > you can adjust easily Letter and Full screen with "Blue Key" on the RCU.

2. Added new function / DVB Subtitle : Press "Red Key" - > select up/down key if you want the subtitles.

3. Added new function / 12 Categories edit and Select. -- > you can change favourite list by press blue key with the RCU on the channel edit.

4. Added new function / Hidden channel ( Redirect channel ) -- > To Redirect channel setting, by press "S.L key" with the RCU on the channel edit

12. richy6976

richy6976 Regular member

cool thanks kmac ya a top man!!!

13. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

no problemo

14. richy6976

richy6976 Regular member

i'll let ya's all know how i get on when i get them next week should be tuesday or wednesday hopefully

15. richy6976

richy6976 Regular member

do you know if there's any way to connect to a pc to record onto your hard drive yet have asked this several times before nobody ever seems to want to reply to it i've seen others ask it too and never get a response

16. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

not that I know of but the best try asking ferg he is good with hardware stuff. but you could always buy a pvr starview

17. richy6976

richy6976 Regular member

a friend had a pvr and he had nowt but trouble with his and cant say i've seen very good reports on here either tbh

18. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

my m8 has 1 and he says its ok its just learning to configure it once you master it its like everything else

19. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

if it was a picture issue you m8 probubly needed a booster as to record 1 ch and watch another id imagine you need to use the splitter method

20. richy6976

richy6976 Regular member

spose but i think i'll stick with what i know tbh i know the starview's pretty well now we've spent many a long night under a lamp gazing into the depths of a starview's mind to see whats been going on to stop it working again now

i've done so much to them now i reckon i could start building them from scratch soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.