1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info regarding sound or other queries within (NO CODE REQUESTS/code POSTING)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freccle

freccle Member

I've only just found out about starview (duh!) and really know nothing about it. How easy is it to set up? And once set up, do any of the codes / frquencies keep changing and if they do, how easy is it for a technophobe like me to alter them?
    And can I connect a PVR (HD recorder) to it?
    Many thanks

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Starvi*w 2 (THE B0X) is the one on the market now , its easy to set up and update the firmware. Once you update to the latest firmware which can ALL be found here , you wont need the codes .

If a new channel comes out , all you need to do is scan for it and it will find it and it will add to the list of channels you have :)

You can buy a PVR Starview with a HD , or if you have a HDD DVD Recorder you can record that way also

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  3. freccle

freccle Member

Sorry to be a pain but any idea where I can get the SV with the hard drive? Seems to be a lot less hassle to do it that way

4. gogsy1

gogsy1 Member

hi fergus ive tried inputing new codes but still missing a lot of channels can u help please

5. neilz

neilz Member

hi just wanted to know if any one knows what channel i will be able to pick up the hitman on ive got an origional starview on tel*west

6. martinme

martinme Regular member

try looking for tv 1700 if not rescan your box at 11 oclock it should be under tv???? hope this helps

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  7. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

How's the crew ....?
    hitman or floyd ?
    Anyway just rescan and look for the ppv channel.........

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Grand Main good to cya, although I do apologise as I am hitting the hay as I need a few hours and then back up for it and I would say Floyd, although would like to see Ricky do it :) Goodnight Main.

9. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

fair play , I think ill catch the 0930 repeat.
    best of luck .. it could go any way !
    abit like reading today , lol

10. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Hi ya Main , good to see ya :)

Dont mention Reading and Scouser in the one sentence ha ha

11. martinme

martinme Regular member

just like old times nearly a full house on one page how tricks les

12. cactikid

cactikid Active member

i have uploaded a file how do i know i did it right as i dont want the ghost rider breathing down my back

13. darst

darst Regular member

Lads could any one tell me in their opinion which is the better box, the starviev 1 or THE BOX. My dad has the starview and not had any problems with it since it was flashed a few months ago with help from the lads on this forum.I,ve read that the firmware on THE BOX has some gliches on it and loses channels then they come back after different periods of time.I was also under the impression that they don't sell the starview 1 any more but there is a website that still does. So for the purpose of less hassle etc which do you think is best. thanks in advance and thanks for all your much needed help

14. martinme

martinme Regular member

hi chaps and ladies i am having probs i have a clone on the old 257 not au and the screen keeps frezing can any one help please

15. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Best advice if you see starview1 boxes for sale stay away as they will be clone boxes

About the starview2TheBox i have been doing these a long time now so the best and most stable firmware to use it the V4.50 for Ireland and the V4.51 for the Uk as you all know there is new firmware out there for these boxes but they are only for enhancements only and is a beta version which means it is only in the testing so it will be full of bugs so now you know the rest is up to you

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Hi Martin

Try updating to the newer clone version of the firmware V2.57eu fixed as you know where to find it on the eko site let me know how you get on ok

17. darst

darst Regular member

thanks fergus, probably safer to stick with the box. just as a matter of interest do u have much hassle with the box. i mean i dont mind a bit of jip with them it,s just when family ring me up saying the boxes are no use etc it can get frustrating. as you know most people think these things should run hassle free and have no interest in maybe having a pop at getting them going themselves

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

I dont have any prob with the box and i have sold lots the only reason peeps have problems is if there using a splitter which most people do so they can watch tv in other rooms this causes a decrease in the feed other reasons is bad connections like frayed cable and cheap scart leads as they will als cause picture and sound quality to deteriorate

19. darst

darst Regular member

cheers fergus much appreciated

20. martinme

martinme Regular member

thanks ferg will have to give it a go it **it or bust

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.