1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info regarding sound or other queries within (NO CODE REQUESTS/code POSTING)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Hi Yes that would be great maybe you could check your box every so often and look on the codes page and if they are different you could post or pm me with the new one everybit helps as we are all mostly based in Ireland so we are depending on the peeps in the Uk to give them to us thanks

2. johnski

johnski Member

will do ferg

3. thekid07

thekid07 Member

is there a master password on ''the box''? can someone please let me know as i cannot delete channels to do a factory reset on a dodgy box thanx

4. johnski

johnski Member

i`m not sure but i think i have read 1668. try it and let us know

5. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Yes 1668 is the correct Mastercode

6. thekid07

thekid07 Member

yep worked a treat, thanx

7. thekid07

thekid07 Member

i have read a bit in these forums and apparently they are rolling out nag 2 ationwide now, will a new box have to be bought or can the box work on this?

8. karljd

karljd Regular member

Where are they rolling out nagra 2 thekid07?please inlighten us

9. thekid07

thekid07 Member

wel i have read on here that they were using nag 2 in dublin and are now rolling it out across the country,running alongside nag 1 until everywhere is covered, then nag1 is going to be cut off

10. karljd

karljd Regular member

Sorry not being smart but where did you read it on hear?

11. karljd

karljd Regular member

ok thekid07 read this posted by someone who nows what he's talking about cheers sc0ucer 8. December 2007 @ 22:24 Link to this message Report an offensive post
    Mikey that has been asked here and on all forums a lot of late, well as you want to know heres my take on it.

It's highly unlikely that any UK cable operator (regardless of who owns them or who are they connected to) would go anywhere near Nagra 2. The guys behind the decision would have done their market research, and will be fully aware that Nagra 2 has already been widely cracked in many parts of the world. Unlike the current Nagra1 system, Nagra 2 has not been as fully cracked as we'd like.. but that shouldn't matter too much. Users with DBOXs, Dreamboxes, Starviews, Eurovoxes etc do not have equipment where a physical card is required to decode channels. This means that they will not be required to delve into the depths of glitching or unlocking cards, or even reprogramming them. Instead, all these new boxes use a virtual smartcard, "an emulator" which uses the keys to decode the channels. As long as the emulator supported Nagra2, all the hard work has been done for us.

Nagra 3 is now available - search google for "Nagravision 3" for more details on that, (even reports of that been partially cracked). Polsat have already announced that it will be switching to the Nagra3 system, and the transition will be complete by 2008. This is a simple (yet still expensive) switch that just involves a new card being issued to the customer. As Nagra3 is a relatively new system (compared to the others anyway) there is not as much information known about it publicly, meaning that the chances of it being cracked anytime soon for us is minimal. On the other hand, this could go both ways - the cable company could opt to NOT choose the Nagra3 system because it is so new.

Personally I believe that NDS would be a much better way forward for the providers. There are so many tricks that can be unveiled when a hack is near, rendering everything completely useless and causing the hacker to start virtually from the beginning again. s*y UK already use this encryption method; and it has been tried and proven. This is the main reason why I believe NDS would be top of cable companies priorities - it has already been tried and proven in the UK. However, due to rivalry, the cost of this may not be beneficial. Again, the switch-over would only involve new cards... I have known of NDS already being used in some (rare) scenarios on something as poor as a Pace 1000 Phase1b - and we all know how slow and ugly those boxes can be.

In any case, the switch-over will only be gradual, and will always be trialled in one particular test area first. When these trials start to occur THEN we can start worrying. And by that time we'll also know which encryption system has been chosen and look for ways around it. And even when the final rollout does begin, it'll only be gradual; meaning that some areas of the country move over before others.

Don't forget that Nagra 1 still has a few tricks left that can be utilised by the CC. Regards ITGATE been the only N2 capable box, (how do they what Rom version will be used????), that is stretching the truth a bit, as any linux based box with the right image would work . Even softcam boxes like a Eurovox is capable given the right image. Lets just say this is more a marketing ploy than a "truthful" statement.

These kind of queries have been doing the rounds on all forums and are caused by marketing ploys like this one, provider scaremongering and sheer boredom by others. Rumours should always be just that unless backed up with hard fact.

[ + quote]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

What a laugh we get 1 code role in 8 months and all of a sudden the scaremongers come out of the wood work

More than likely a CC employee not able to sell there own glitched boxes any more so they are trying to scare people into getting theres

13. cactikid

cactikid Active member

hey fergus do u know where i can get 220 pace door stops to keep doors open in my new hotel i just bought,i dont mind chipped or not lol.

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

I dont have a clue where you would buy these door stoppers but i bet there are a few people reading on here that will well be able to point you in the right direction just look out for the people that are doing all the raving about the box going to be dead and the scaremongers they will be the people in my mind that have them lol

15. thekid07

thekid07 Member

ferg u tryna say i am a cc employee? lmao i just read that bull in these forums is all and im selling the box so i just wanted to know if i should stop for a while to save myself the hardship of people ringing me at all hours

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

I have to say the cc company's do monitor the forums and do also post here and i can defo tell you that so the best way to do things is not to post silly things for them to read the less they can find out the better it is for us all and as for the boxes you are selling they are free to air boxes so i would not worry about it all information on these forums are purely for educational purposes only and as long as you tell your customers that they are taking a risk when buying the same as you there is nothing to worry about when people buy these products they know what the story is so dont be worrying your head when and i say when it happens the writers will do there upmost to get the boxes up and running as always have they ever let us down

17. thekid07

thekid07 Member

yeh i know ferg, but as you can see i was just wondering if im going to sell a box one day and have someone ring me back the next day telling me there useless now, i have no doubt that any problems can be solved but i was just wondring if a new box would be needed

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Yes i can understand but i do dabble my self and that does not put me off at all what you have to bear in mind is that these boxes are freeview and that is what you have to say to them also that the are buying at there own risk but you need to tell them this and until we know exactly what they decide if anything to change we will not know what firmware is needed to sort the problem as far as i am concerned all boxes except for the old starview 1 will be fine the first to die will be that box as the firmware makers no longer support this box

So how long is a piece of string nobody can answer that question patients

19. samsol

samsol Member

my box is gone down anyone got new codes

20. ffmick

ffmick Guest

is there a seperate gtrom loader for the b*x or will the same one work as for original sta*vie* just got a new one and also will the channel dump be the same.. thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.