1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info regarding sound or other queries within (NO CODE REQUESTS/code POSTING)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archie666

archie666 Guest

My understanding is that they have stopped making 'The Box-T', and that the normal 'The Box' is now capable, but dont quote me on that.
    Pay a visit to satdownloads dot co dot uk as i think that's where i think i read this.

2. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

Thanks,
    I'll have a look.

3. archie666

archie666 Guest

Well, my understanding is that it's made by the same people that actually get the Starview 2 'The Box' & Kryptview boxes made and imported into the UK. The Eurovox is the obvious competitor to those boxes, so in order to put a 'dent in the eurovox', so to speak, they created the D-Digital which essentially runs the same software as the Eurovox. It doesn't run the exact same software, it's a derivative, so not strictly a clone. It was basically built to be the same as the Eurvox but much cheaper.
    Why would someone want to pay >£100 for a eurovox when a D-Digital at £79 would do the same thing? The Starvew 2 'The Box' & Kryptview are then marketted as superior receivers with better software and features.

Wel ... that's my take and understanding on the situation anyway.

4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Yes they will there is no need to get either the Box T or the euro Tx as they are only for C***** areas as the n** areas use dvb-c unlike the other so yes other boxes will work on N** one with the MMDS ariels unless they are on analoge

5. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

The normal starview the box will not work on any C***** MMDS service as them boxes are dvb-c and the C***** areas that have MMDS are dvb-t they only have 1 tuner in them boxes so be careful about your information you are giving out unless you know for definite

6. archie666

archie666 Guest

Hey, if you know for sure, then cool. I was just repeating something that I'd picked up from another forum. I did say 'don't quote me on that', which implied that I couldnt substantiate it. ;-)

7. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Any information that is needed is here for the people there is no need to be sending them to other forums which do sometimes have the wrong information as well and it makes people think that the information comes from here and it is not what we need thanks

8. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

Cool,
    Sounds like you know what you are talking about.

9. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

Yes they will there is no need to get either the Box T or the euro Tx as they are only for C***** areas as the n** areas use dvb-c unlike the other so yes other boxes will work on N** one with the MMDS ariels unless they are on analoge[/quote]

Guys the reason I ask ferg is because he does know his stuff and does not give an answer unless he knows for sure.

Thanks once again ferg for the information I was not to sure as I cannot test them here as u know. The information has been passed on to my m8.

Many thanks and have a good weekend, well whats left of it anyway!

KMAC.

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Yes i do know that alright as i am in that area it is easy for me to be more familiar with what boxes work and dont work in almost all areas

But hope you get sorted please pm me with any other inquires they will get to me if you use the put a subject in when sending it to me thanks

11. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

All sounds a bit confusing to me, I had to get advise in here of some of you regarding a starview box (not THE BOX) working on mmds in the swords area in dublin, i was givin very good info and my apologies to the person who gave it to me i cant remember who you are but you made it possible anyway, it was a pain but had to input all the codes manually and now me mate has 134 channels, he still has a few more codes to put in but he's happy with what he has.

12. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

sorry, meant to say input frequencies manually

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Get yourself an Arnet and you wont have that problem as they should scan them in by itself as they have been tested on N** MMDS in dunboyne and works 100%

14. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

sound fergie, will the box-T do the same job?

15. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

The Box T is only fro people who are in the C***** area on MMDS only if you are on MMDS in an N** aera you need the starview 2TheBox or Arnet or euro

TheBox T and Euro Tx HAVE DVB-T TUNERS HENCE FOR THE C***** MMDS AREA

The Starview TheBox2 and Euro and Arnet HAVE DVB-C TUNERS HENCE FOR THE N** MMDS AREA

Hope this clarify things for you

16. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

Hey lads, whats the file type i select on the gtrom loader 4.03 for the box logo file?
    I cant get into the secret menu and ive read back through the thread and found that im probably missing the logo file,
    api is 4.54 so do i just put the logo file straight on or flash 4.54 back on again afterward?

17. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

Got it working, put 4.52 back on then the logo file (background data file on the loader) then put 4.54 on and then the logo file again, secret menu worked, switched on emu and it autorolled, ill just try putting the logo file on first in future, well depending on what api is already on it, brand new box ye see.

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

if you have the v4.54e on your box there is no need to put the logo file on it just flash it with the v4.54e_E and it will be sorted the logo file only needs to be put on if you have less than v4.54 on your box only

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2008
  19. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

Thanks fergus, was just following the advice on top of pg 121,
    but even after putting v454 back on the secret menu still didnt work until i put the logo file on again, worked perfectly after that

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

yes that is because you went back to v4.52 once you thake the v4.54e off the box you must put the logo file on then as the first v4.54e already has it on it you need the second e_E on your box to get into the cas menu

v4.54e you cannot get into cas menu

v4.54e_E you can get into cas menu that is what the second _E is for enable cas menu ok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.