1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info regarding sound or other queries within (NO CODE REQUESTS/code POSTING)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@DesB
    Kinda of a grey area but since you're willing to meet up and give it to someone and no charge, I guess it's ok.

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Binkie .. Your getting soft in your young age :)

3. binkie7

@Celtic71
    lol - yeah sometimes I am. I just hope this doesn't come back to bite me and we get a ton of free this and that posts cause then I will close and ban :)
    I like the young age part :)

4. DesB

DesB Regular member

Binkie7
    thanks ,just trying to save someone a bit of cash and hassle, no other reason honestly!!!

And Celtic stop licking up to the Mod !!!Ha! ha!

5. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Binkie ... Well I was tempted to say old age but I wanted to stay in the good books :)

DesB ... Us girls have to stick together lol

In saying that back to topic on the cable matter as I dont want to be punished for chatting ha ha :)

6. binkie7

Yep us girls need to stick together - after all who would keep the boys in line :)

7. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

Hi all, can anyone tell me the set up for starview the box in cork city? He's on chorus cable so he tells mebut i dont know if he's knockin the channels off himself or if there's a different setup process to go through, have the most recent update on the box for him but he keeps ringin me saying the channels are gone, he's probably arsin about with the menu's himself but just incase i'm wrong is there anything else i should be telling him to do.
    "Chorus cork" provider didnt work in the setup but "chorus" did, told bout emu an all that, thanks for your help

8. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

its ok, he fecked around with tuning it in and messing with the menu again, problem sorted

9. richy6976

richy6976 Regular member

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

The clone Starview 2TheBox is out ages as i have put this up on this forum about a month ago they came in thru Spain

11. richy6976

richy6976 Regular member

so does anybody know if the box super is any better for epg channel sorting etc?

12. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

it is supposed to be the only difference is the chip that is why you cannot use the box firmware or loader on it because of the clones that are supposed to be on the market it prob has the same channel order as the Kryptview has had on their boxes for the last 3 months works excatly the same way as the original subbed boxes from all the cc smae channel numbers and channel freq you would wonder who is copying who lol :)

13. richy6976

richy6976 Regular member

so not really worth replacing my box with a box super then is it unless somebody calls round wanting a box then i'll just sell them mine and maybe get a super duper box lol

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

They all do the same thing you can watch the tv on them so i dont know why they had to bring out another box just been greedy gits again that is all in my mind

15. allan2772

allan2772 Member

hi there can someone help me,on ste s/v box that was just frozen i replaced the c11 capatitor and work great, now a friend gave me his box to do the same but i dont know if its the same capacitor as he has "the box" and one know if it is c11 or is there something else i could try,thanks

16. allan2772

allan2772 Member

the c11 cap value is 2200uf 10v could i change it to 1000uf 16v

17. archie666

archie666 Guest

My understanding is that 'The Box Super' has just been released as 'The Box' has been cloned. Fergusrb is right that the main difference is the chip, but I do believe the software has improved and you are able to customise your categories, something that can't be done on the Kryptview.

Also, an authorised dealer list has been published which will help people buy from the right retailer and protect from clones. The list is on another forum, satdownloads dot co dot uk.

'The Box Super' is slightly improved, but if you have 'The Box' or 'Kryptview', it won't really be worth upgrading unless you need a new box.

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

if you are using the krypt in the N** area there is no need to customize the categories as they are pre set all ready if you look it also utilises the correct freq and also the correct channel numbers that none of the other boxes do and will also bring in any new tp that might be added when the box is on stand by which no other box will do so you might as well have a subbed box as have this one

and you are quite correct there is no need to swap to this new box unless you are planning to be buying a new box

19. cableview

cableview Guest

have to agree 100% here i spoke to a certain super duper box dealer about their actions to release this and was told its because there are cloned "box" now...ive never seen one and if they do exist they all have autorolling files on all boxes now...so why release a new box...i only came up with one answer......(sorry for the caps).....GREED !

20. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

I see they mention that they work in Uk and they sort the chann els. But they mention beeb1, 2 etc. In Ireland rt.e1, 2 etc is the order...

Do they work in ireland, and if so with which ntwrk? Do we need to wait fro a new doanload? and is the egpg really better, or just better than the box?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.