1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info regarding sound or other queries within (NO CODE REQUESTS/code POSTING)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cableview

cableview Guest

my advice is if you have a previous box that is showing you good pics and sound dont line the pockets of the greedy sellers..sorry if this offends anyone and if you dont have a box buy one but the box gives you the same deal if you use a channel editor.

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

I really have to say people are mad about the epg the epg is not really supported on the boxes we get in over here some work others dont this is down the cc and the cable the way they have them done and at best you would prob get a 12 hr epg if you are looking for a box that has full capability for epg then you would be best of taking out a subscription with sky

Yes the box will work on any network regardless all boxes do the same job letting you view tv as what they where intended

dont get hung up on an epg buy a weekly tv mag and you are sorted

3. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

Yes, but it works on the subbed box. Leave it on fro a few minutes and it shows at least the whole days guide. Leave the box on and its hit and miss. Sometimes you get whats on sometimes you don't.

- And the Arnet isnt much better [epg wise] in Ireland either...

4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

That is correct and i would never say otherwise that is why i say the best you can hope to get epg wise is about 12 hrs until they get their act together to fix the epg problem

The only thing that the arnet has over all the other boxes is it is and runs exactly like the subbed box re channel numbers are the same their freq are the same and hopefully their epg will be the same when they get it sorted but who cares about the epg all i want is a reliable box to sit down in front of and watch tv if i really want to find out what is on i buy the weekly mag

And you are also correct cableview totally agree with you on this it is down to pure GREED nothing else

5. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

Cheers fergusb, assuming that the the super will sort as per subbed, does it do anything else better or even different? Anyword on the KV firmware update?

6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

I would be amazed if the super box does anything different than the other 2 before them have done

The only difference is the chip inside the box they are using a different one in order that these so called clone boxes will not be able to use them that is all the firmware for it is like the eurovox now a conbined firmware and loader so no more searching for the firmware on your pc doh big deal

about the KV they are working on it at the moment as i have been able to find that much out and i know they will be over to Ireland shortly to iron out the problems just like they have done on the C***** issues which i have to say are 100% regardless of the epg which they have said will be a hard one to sort but not imposible

Another thing about all these boxes when you get one of these the big advantage you have over there subbed boxes is you can watch everything on them on subbed boxes you watch what you pay for so full service verses epg no contest in my books

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2008
  7. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

absolutely! the epg is no big deal really, but now and next would be useful! and a message to say data being updated after kroll.

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

I have to say that there is a now and next on that box as i have it on my one working no problem also there should be no reason to see a message saying data being updated as you should not be able to see this only a flickering and it is done as with mine i dont even notice a code roll on mine so unless yours is different have you got the latest firmware on your box do you

9. archie666

archie666 Guest

Why is it down to greed, the new box is the same price as the old box? Are you taking about greed in the sense that they don't want the cloners to get the money? They've not increased the price, just bought out new box wth a new chip so that the market for clones disappears and prevents the paying public from buying a clone?

If they charged more for the next box, then I'd have to agree, but they aren't, so I dont see your point?

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

you are really behind here what happened when the starview 2TheBox came out starview 1 was left without any what

now the starview 3 is out so are you getting the bigger picture here now

11. cableview

cableview Guest

ive never seen a cloned the box yet and ive asked one of the top sellers of the super duper box to show me a pic of one of which he couldnt i recently bought a "box" off bay for £60 thats a good £40 cheaper than the super duper box for the same quality and channels......this new box has scam written all over it i wont be buying one all of my work pals are saying the same...anyone that buys one must have cash to waste !

12. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

There are only 3 differences in the new box to the other 2 starviews

1 The epprom chip has been changed

2 The box puts the channels in categories

3 combined firmware and loader

what a laugh the arnet has been doing that for months doh

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2008
  13. cableview

cableview Guest

if they can clone a sheep im sure they can clone the super duper box...which was cloned from another box...i dont care as long as i can watch cloned football !

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

if you have the money you can buy anything cloned just bring it over to china and they will clone whatever you want as long as you buy quantities they will do it for you

15. cableview

cableview Guest

starview 4 the bestest super box ever coming soon then.

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

yes then it will be the super super duper duper starview 5 box it can talk and walk as well and do roll overs as well lol :) pmsl now

17. cableview

cableview Guest

and still only £100...oh too late its been cloned....my new box starview 17 does my dishes,hoovers and gets my tea ready for me but the epg is not so good...ha ha.

18. binge

binge Member

anyone whats going on with skysports 1. Done a manual scan and a reset but both went to sky bet live

19. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

when you did your reset did you turn your box off at the back and back on again before you scaned

20. binge

binge Member

no ferg.Do you think that will sort it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.