1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info regarding sound or other queries within (NO CODE REQUESTS/code POSTING)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnski

johnski Member

having trouble getting onto vm website so i presume the problem is at their end

2. allan2772

allan2772 Member

it wont flash when i connect it to tv it just says the box on screen,the remote doesn't work and you have to turn it off at the back off the box

3. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

what fergusrb is telling you to do is reprogram the box, ie flash new software onto it. Not turn it on and wait for it to flash.

4. allan2772

allan2772 Member

i tried flashing it several times and it just wont,i had the same problem with starview box and replaced c11 and that worked for that 1,but this has me stumped checked all the caps none seem to be burn or bulging

5. johnski

johnski Member

regarding vmedia in Liverpool. Sly sports 1,2and 3 and some movie chanels went off on tuesaday night. have done a rescan and all are back. However sly s 1 is now in a corner of the screen and sky bet is taking about half the screen. I dont know anyone who pays for cable these days so I dont know if this is the normal

6. malci

malci Guest

Yes, strange indeed!!!!! seems to be applicable to starview as eurovox is OK, done another rescan nothing changed, puzzled at the minute - anyone any idea's

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

It is a PID issue and unfortunately as of yet you cannot rename PIDs manually on a Starview, so either it resolves itself after the CC has finished their work or there is a patch made for the firmware on the Starview.

EDIT: Latest news is that there is a patch coming soon, but I am awaiting verification if this is for all Starview models.

8. malci

malci Guest

Thanks for the response scOuser - your a gent, will have to wait and see then, thanks again. Cheers

9. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

I know this has been said already about different tuners between tne box and the box-t but has anyone managed at all to get the box working in a whorus mmds area?

scouser by the sound of it the new patch will be for the uk only, would i be right on this or is there not enough news to go on yet?

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

axx the only reason you need a DVB-T box is Ch**us MMDS areas is because they use a DVB T variant, thats the only reason.

Re the Starview fix I am waiting to see if its for "all" models. But as it is only a UK problem it will fix the PID problem there, but dont see why it cant be used in Ireland if needs be as it is a PID fix on the stream thats all, but hopefully we wont need it :)

11. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

feared you'd say that, was hopin someone would would say you can get some but not all, ah well, not too worry.

On another note, anybody know if the magic eye device that people use for having say sly digital which makes it possible to view the digital channels in a different room (same channel tthough) without the need for a digital box in that room, will work for the box or if it can be made to work?

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Think you can use AV senders alright I dont do that myself as I have a few different boxes. Just put it in the search bar as many people have used the successfully, whereas others have had problems.

13. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

I am using the tristar AV senders fae argoos £30 or sumthin and they are ok, but sometimes if you walk past the sender the picture cracks so maybe get a better quality set the remote also works with them.

14. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

Thanks lads, tristar sounds better than magic eye anyway, ill look into it

15. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

as scouser said though it doesnt work for every1 but give it a bash and if it doesnt then take it back for a refund.

16. omniradar

omniradar Member

Hi guys Scouse & Fergus...
    Had that prob wi losing SS1 2 etc and others and done the Factory reset recoed by Scouse & Fergus all is great again even got back Liverpool Footie channel which i had b4 but lost but thought it was maybe a beta channel but it's back and fine but wat is your reco on this sky bet thing ? Cheers in advance guys...

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Fix coming soon for that but may not be OK to use on a clone box though.

18. 1966joe

1966joe Member

19. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

I must stress this to all the people in the Uk that are on telepest at present sly sports 1 has a betting screen on the front of it this is down to the cable company nobody else ok they have changed the pid in the table that the channels use to get the full screen to work ok

RIGHT THIS IS THE OUT COME OF THIS UNLESS AND I SAY UNLESS THERE IS A FIRMWARE RELEASE FOR THE STARVIEW MAKERS FOR THIS THE CHANNEL WILL REMAIN THE WAY IT IS NOW AND IF THEY DO RELEASE A FIX IT WILL PROB NOT WORK ON A CLONE BOX SO WHAT I SAY IS GET ON TO YOUR SUPPLIERS AND GET THEM TO PUT PRESSURE ON THE PEOPLE CONCERNED TO FIX THIS PROBLEM AS THE MORE PEOPLE THAT THERE BADGERING THEM ABOUT THIS THE BETTER

dpp sorry for the caps need to get the point across

20. 1966joe

1966joe Member

scouse or fergus how do i know if i have a cloned box and will sly sports1 sort its self out and go back to full screen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.