1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info regarding sound or other queries within (NO CODE REQUESTS/code POSTING)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richy6976

richy6976 Regular member

good man have a good time and don't get doing any of that binge drinking malarkey its bad for ya

2. Millport

Millport Member

Hi All
    Can anyone help me , I have just put new firware on my starview, 257 version I have checked to see if it's clone and it definitly is but the box is still not updating saying scrambled channel the EMU is on and I have put the channel on sky sports 1 but still no joy any help would be appreciated

3. richy6976

richy6976 Regular member

happy st pats day to all of our celt cousins over the water enjoy ya guiness ........and ferg i hope you remembered to have one for me!!!

4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

There is 2 types of V2.57

you need the V2.57e_E FIXED to autoroll

5. Millport

Millport Member

Thanks for the quick reply ferg the version I have loaded is
    STAR_VIEW_H20060816_257eE_api_FIXED

6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

ok that is the right one

So what i suggest you do is go to menu 1570 and press the default key and exit out 3 times and then see what it does ok

Also please remember that the % bar can go as far as 300% before it kicks in so be patient ok and dont change the channel

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2008
  7. Millport

Millport Member

Thanks Ferg
    just done as you have said it's working a treat, your the Man thanks for your help, no more keys to enter .

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Spot on glad you are sorted now they just need a helping hand sometimes that is all :)

9. dunlin1

dunlin1 Member

Please help..un-plugged my starview box to try and update the firmware,but I got a bit lost, so I decided to abort and just plug it in back to the old firmware..now I cannot get my sport channels back and I have put the update codes in...advice would be appreciated

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

1 make sure your incoming cable is connected to the cable input on the box and not going thru a splitter

2 Make sure you have a scart lead connected to the tv on the box and connected to AV1 or EXT1 only
    also make sure you check this as been a proper working scart

3 Next go to menu factory settings and press ok put in 0000 code press ok to clear all data

4 Make sure you turn the box off at the mains for 1 min and turn back on again

5 Accept the language

6 Installation put your provider in the top box then do an auto scan wait for this to finish even if you see
    failed a few times this is normal so just be patient till it has finished

7 When this is finished exit out to main tv screen

8 Then go to menu and press 1570 on the key pad into secret menu and turn the EMU on which has been switched off by default

9 Exit out 3 times to main screen and put the box on to the tv channel sky sports 1 and wait for this to update this
    could go up as far as 250% so again be patient and wait also do not change the channel while
    this is been done or you will have to start all over again

11. dunlin1

dunlin1 Member

Thanks,,followed all the instructions,,but I,m getting scrambled or bad channel on screen

12. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

have you followed the instruction as i bet your emu is turned off check it

13. dunlin1

dunlin1 Member

no it,s on Fe

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

ok go back in this time press the default key and exit out then go back in again and input the codes again that should get ya sorted

15. dunlin1

dunlin1 Member

Sorry to be a pain,,still no joy...still says scrambled /bad channel I can get all my norm chanels..I wish I had left it alone..any more advice please

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

if it says bad or scrambled your codes are either wrong or your EMU is off

17. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

Youll probably have to do a reflash, surely plugging it out during the middle of a firmware update will do damage to it?

18. dunlin1

dunlin1 Member

Emu definatealy on,,,is it the same codes as your post yesterday,as I,ve just tryed them again but still no joy,,,but it was updating to 2oo% this time but still not getting any where

19. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Update your box you could have done something when you stopped doing the flash

20. dunlin1

dunlin1 Member

That was the probelm fergusrb,,when I connected the cable from Pc to the box it was not doing anything,so I decided not to proceed with update as nothing was happening

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.