1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info regarding sound or other queries within (NO CODE REQUESTS/code POSTING)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ganscu

ganscu Member

yes when click on rtrom it will not open

2. sewsunker

sewsunker Member

I have been running the above firmware on my Starview 1 clone for almost a full day now and still no problems! Well done to all

3. malci

malci Guest

Listen Everyone, just picked this up from fergusrb

JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW OUT THERE IS NO CLONE SAFE STARVIEW 1 FIRMWARE OUT THERE ANYWHERE THERE IS A FAKE FILE RENAMED AS CLONE SAFE THAT IS ALL IT IS THE V4.00 RENAMED AND THE TUT HAS ALSO BEEN EDITED TO BRING THE AUTHOR OF THE NEW FIXED V4.01 DOWN SO YOU ALL KNOW NOW IF YOU USE THIS FILE YOUR BOX WILL DIE IF YOU PUT ON A CLONE BOX

AS YOU ARE ALL AWARE I HAVE STOPPED POSTING ON HERE BUT I HAVE MADE AN EXCEPTION TO THIS AS I DONT WANT YOUR CLONE BOXES AS DOOR STOPPERS

4. malci

malci Guest

What are we on about here GTRom or rtrom ?, please clarify ganscu. Must admit don't know what rtrom is.

5. sewsunker

sewsunker Member

i loaded the firmware from the above to my clone s/v box from
    http://rapidshare.com/files/106508786/clone_safeautoroll.rar.html

do u know if its this one that is the clone killer?

6. malci

malci Guest

Yes it is, it is from the same author - I am not saying it will kill your box, but what pssles me is when the fixed 1.4 (ammended V4.00) was released, the author stated that he was deliberately out to kill clones because a certain person had pi**ed him off. So you will have to make your own decision, all I can say is that I hold fergus in high regard

7. ganscu

ganscu Member

sorry yes it is the GTROM i have the USBconverter to COM2 but no joy

8. daylitex

daylitex Guest

guys
    the way i look at it is this,

If i owned a clone s/v box that went down, I would ask myself would i bin it or would i take a chance and try a genuine s/v box fix first before i bought a new one

the choice is yours but i know what i would do

9. ganscu

ganscu Member

went in ot GTROM properties file type EFW file onep with HIPS email attachment??(do i change this?)

10. malci

malci Guest

ganscu, go back to the link - into starview - into software - and download the GTRom v4.0 again there should be no need to change any thing - extract to desktop - if you get the same problem try putting .exe at the end, then try opening - have checked and double checked and it is working fine. Cheers

11. daylitex

daylitex Guest

well that say's it all, hes downloading the wrong GTrom loader

12. borito

borito Guest

Hi guys, im new to the forum and I need your help!

I have a DigiVox experiencing same problem as other people - channels just keeps saying updating and gets stuck in a loop. I have been to nokias. co.uk site and downloaded the software update and flash file. When trying to flash the cable box I just get the message "Fail to update Flash!".

I dont know if I am doing something wrong or how to fix it. One thing I should mention incase it makes a difference is that im using a male-female cable that came with the box and also using a gender changer to convert it to female-female cable. Would this cause a problem?

13. malci

malci Guest

You are on the wrong thread, I think you will get your answer here >>>>>>>

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/25/508561

14. ganscu

ganscu Member

no THE SAME(i give up have to take the kids out) thanks for all the help willtry later

15. foxyboy

foxyboy Regular member

hello ganscu i also had same problem, found the loader on malci post on eko for share in starview -software, starview2fix. hope it helps

16. pfr108

pfr108 Member

hi sc0ucer, i relaced the cap and followed all instructions but my clone is dead now, nothing on the display when swiched on, it was working prior to the new cap, any ideas what it could be

17. mickmcl

mickmcl Guest

I have a Sagem multimedia terminal DV3 d-box on ntl Renfrewshire Scotland
    i have all the channels but no picture or sound, can anyone help.

18. mylucy

mylucy Member

Help please. I have a eurovox max box bought 18mths ago. Like others I'm just getting a message saying updating data..I don't know what to do. I'm in Liverpool in case I need a code for my area. I'm with v*r*i*n or what used to be called cable..
    Can anybody help me please.
    Thanks....

19. ganscu

ganscu Member

THANKS FOXYBOY got it i did not have the wright software on my PC to open the file THANK to all of you for all the help (now to look for the frimwre for starV2 box) once again thanks

20. silveruse

silveruse Member

hi,

i have a starv*iew clone box. been working fine for almost one year... i had to input the new codes a few times this week. Since yesterday - i have "updating channels" in a loop - it gets to 130% then repeats. it found all the channles - i do not get a picture or couns- please help- i have tried the codes several times- also the codes for Ex C*W line 01 revert to the old ones - what do i do- if i dont get this sorted my wife willnot be happy- she want to watchthe lats episode of americas nexttop model -- Please Please can someone help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.