1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info regarding sound or other queries within (NO CODE REQUESTS/code POSTING)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martinme

martinme Regular member

nice new set up ferg

2. tommy_c

tommy_c Member

Hi again, i was on yesterday after "thebox" and trouble flashing it(not that i know what that means) I'm pretty sure it not a clone according to the picture on that other website. the two skart leads are on theleft hand side as u look at the back of it, the remote doesnt look like the cloned one, and there are 25 vents on the top of the box. should i keep trying to flash with 4eE? how would i know if i have a null modem? im using the cable that i got with the box(vw 15c)?? thanks again

3. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

hi lads and lassies have lap top no rs 323 connection is there any way to up date my cloned box what do i need cables etc

4. Millport

Millport Member

WITKO
    I have just bought the cable you need it's called a USB to RS 323 adapter go on e-bay and have a look

5. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

thanks millport

6. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

'the box ' is 99% certain that it snot a fake !
    null modem cable has 9 pin holes in it.
    what is it saying when u try flashing ?
    if its not downloading properly u might be better off downloading the gtrom and v4.00e again....get all the info via the eko link under my post ( starview section. 'software' for gtrom and 'firmware 'for the v4.00e )

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  7. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

morning main did you get the pm from eamo.

8. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

mornin ryan m8 ,sure did.
    went on last nite. any way cant have idle chat here any more so ill ask you about the new 'box' firmware out today. is it for mm*s on ch**us ?

9. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

had a look its not out yet (had no idea that would happen).but its supposed to work on ch****.

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Ryan the C***** box is still down scouser was mentioning something about a cas 7 do you know what that is also could it be the provider id changed i can get a look at a proper C***** box but i dont know what i need to be looking for also how would get into engineers mode any ideas

11. tommy_c

tommy_c Member

Thanks MAINAMN and everyone else, tried it again and its working great now!Some great info here for anyone with a problem, if i can do it anyone can!!!My initial problem was connecting the tv to the box so it will show u how bad my knowlegde was!!!thanks a million

12. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

sorry fergus have no info about the ch*** id and i don't even know what cas 7 is.

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Scouser

any news for me on th C***** thing also did you get my pm about putting your stuff on the other page i sent you the link too also if you give me the page numbers i will if you like cut and paste the info for you let me know thanks

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Fergus are the C***** boxes pace boxes if so power of the box, hold down the up and down channel buttons and power the box back on, all the time holding these two buttons.

This will allow you into the engineers menu. I wouldn't advise you to change anything here as the Nagra Info is in hex decimals.

I still have no info as such on C***** as it is hard to obtain this info over a weekend, but I will keep trying. As I said C***** are running a Conax trial in a small area, so I am assuming this hasn't affected you.

Fergus I cannot remember are you MMDS or true cable?

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thanks Fergus I ran a leech program through the thread last night and got all the info I needed. I am only here for a while today just trying to give you an update of where I'm at with the C***** problem.

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

No true cable i cannot understand how i can be receiving the uk docs program and yet i cannot receive the free to air our own channels

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

What Channels can you get as this sounds like a frequency shift by C*****?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  18. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

does it say scrambled or bad channel or data is being updated on the fta channels.

19. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

I can only receive 1 channel from the uk it is uk Docs all the other channels when i pick one it is just a black screen the starts updating but never stops dont even receive our own free to air as the $ symbol are on them

20. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

just found out the new firmware for "the box" will be out i a couple of hours.

also afternoon martin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.