1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info regarding sound or other queries within (NO CODE REQUESTS/code POSTING)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karljd

karljd Regular member

that was why i was saying to reflash with 4.50 it seemed a lot easier for anto to do and i havn't heard any one having any proplems over here,cheers malci

2. malci

malci Guest

Very good, hope everything goes Okay, just a bit puzzled as to why you succeeded in the first place, but there you go.

3. malci

malci Guest

I know that Karl. and as you know in previous post's that is what I prefer, 4.50 over there and 4.51 over here.

4. anto1969

anto1969 Regular member

Redone got all the files on i needed to get on was just about to resort to 4.50, found were i went wrong and thankfully was able to fix it.
    Thanks Karl, Ferg, Malci, everybody.

Antoinette

5. malci

malci Guest

Yea that's the one, I have tried it and it does the job, but as said - my preferences are well known. (The blue button job for screen size is handy though)

6. malci

malci Guest

Hope you like the 4.54 firmware Antoinette, :)

7. karljd

karljd Regular member

hope theres a nice bottle of wine in for you antoinette

8. anto1969

anto1969 Regular member

Yea going to return flashed box and come back and enjoy a drink Cheers

antoinette

9. DesB

DesB Regular member

Just PMd you!

10. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Am I following this correctly Anto?

Was the box a Starview 1 or 2?

Did you end up with v4.54

Did you use GtRom 4 or 4.3

I'm just a tad confused ;-)

11. anto1969

anto1969 Regular member

Hi gman

Starview 2
    4.03 loader after trying loader 4.00 but could'nt download logo file with this loader.
    hope it helps

antoinette :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  12. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Yep, all cleared up now.

Cheers ;-)

-

13. malci

malci Guest

Can assure you gman, that the correct procedure to upgrade above 4.50 Ireland and 4.51 UK - is as posted on previous page, there has been quite a few people ending up with The Box stuck on the logo file as a result of incorrect flashing up to the higher versions via the wrong loader and incorrect procedure, hope this helps.

14. gman496

gman496 Regular member

I don't doubt you for one minute malci, I have no experience with them.

Anto's scenario just confused me a bit because I wasn't sure in the end which box she actually had & which loader she eventually used.

I've got that much sorted now though.

Now, one final question, "The Logo file" is that some file that give you the screen background (Like the Desktop on a PC?)

What box & firmware version is it used on?

Is it a separate file or is it included in the firmware or loader?

No rush with the answers, I'm just trying to keep up to speed.

Cheers.

15. malci

malci Guest

No problem gman, yes it is two seperate Bin Files Firmware and the Logo file as follows (thebox_H20071015_454eE_api.bin) Firmware - and this (thebox_logobg.bin) this one is simply the logo which comes on to the screen when you first turn on The Box - Starview 2 (And yes it is a background file, does not stay on for long though, just at the point of initial switch on)

It is only used on Starview 2 The Box just to clarify, I think I might have cleared it up for you if not give me a shout.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2008
  16. anto1969

anto1969 Regular member

And just to really confuse things i got all that on 1st without loading the logo file. when i switched on box the box logo came up and yet i did'nt get the logo file on cause i was using loader 4.00 1st. Strange or what.

17. malci

malci Guest

That's what I thought when you first put it on Antoinette, but when you think about it, the logo was already there with the previous firmware - I know this does not answer the question, as I said I was a little puzzled that you got the firmware on without any problem, whilst using the incorrect loader, but maybe you would have had problems later? all I know is that there has been a few that have been stuck with just the logo on screen with incorrect flashing, anyways it's sorted now - how do you find it or have you returned it.

18. anto1969

anto1969 Regular member

No hav'nt returned it yet seems fine so far, I have SV1 and SV3 the box super and i find them all grand its whatever you get used to. I do find the blue button thing for screen size great on the sv3, just saves you having to change screen size on TV or in user setup, thats all nothing major. But i'm gald you came to my aid and i redone the sv2 correctly in the end I'd hate for someones doggi box to die because of me.

Antoinette

19. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Just to clear things up this is the correct way to put the v4.54 on your box

direct from manufacturers
    Set Up

IF YOU ARE UPGRADING FROM 4.51 OR EARLIER PLEASE FLASH 4.54 1ST THEN AFTERWARDS FLASH THE LOGO FILE.
    IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE 4.52 ON OR LATER THEN JUST FLASH THE 4.54 STRAIGHT ON WITHOUT THE LOGO FILE.
    YOU MUST USE THE NEW LOADER SOFTWARE.

You program THE BOX The same as you program the Starview.
    Just make sure you use THE BOX file and new loader and NOT the Starview file.

20. anto1969

anto1969 Regular member

Ferg thanks got there in the end glad i was told the right way of doing this as at least i can sleep easy tonight. Was using wrong loader in the end but sorted it.

much appreciated.
    antoinette.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.