1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info regarding sound or other queries within (NO CODE REQUESTS/code POSTING)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

Ok, thanks.
    I will find out the firmaware and post again tomorow as I am in work right now. Thanks for the extra quick response and sorry to hear about your back, my wife suffers from that also, wouldn't wish back trouble on anyone.
    Still its probably from carrying the weight of this forum on your shoulders, since you and one ot two others are running the whole show.
    Thanks again and keep up the excellent work...you da man!!!!

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

No bother John we are here most of the time ok

3. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

Hi Fergus
    Just spoke to my friend.

Data as follows:

Boot version 7.0
    API 2.60E

Is this of any help???
    John

4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

yes John this does help now do you know if it is The starview or the starview 2TheBox as far as i am aware the box comes with v4.00 on it and old starview comes with v2.60 can you check this as well it will say on the front in black TheBox if it is that otherwise it will just say starview i know this is a pain but you need to be putting on the correct firmware in order to not banjo the box ok thanks

5. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

hi Fergus
    just spoke with him and he tells me the box is silver with the words: "The Box" in black on the front and the features are written on the side of it...the last thing being upgrade ref via RS232 (cable I assume).
    He already has a starview original (which I upgraded for him) and he tells me it is not like the starview in appearance.
    What do you think???
    John

6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

ok first you will need your cable

next download the gtrom loader

next download the v4.50 firmware for Ireland make sure it is that one only

you can get all the stuff from the eko site at the bottom of my post in the folder named TheBox ok when you have that you will need to flash the box with that first ok

7. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

thanks...ok now the questions follow (as usual)
    I have looked at the eko file...thank you for that.
    Do I need a seperate file to open the H20070705 450eE.api.bin file?
    Do you have this link at you disposal? Is this the gtrom loader you speak of?
    Sorry if I sound dopey!
    John

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

John this bin file is not to be opened on your pc or anywhere else you are to load this with the gtrom loader to your box you did say you done this before did you not

sorry John the gtrom loader is on the first page you get to it is in a rar file you need to unzip this using the winrar which is also on the site ok

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2007
  9. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

yeah did it on the starview for me and then did his, but downloaded all the neccesaries from a pm from another member. They made it very easy for me..downloaded no problems...its just I am always a bit iffy when I do another persons box with new downloads.
    Anyway...thanks for all the help hopefully I wont fry his new toy.
    Cheers
    John

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

John it is excatly the same no difference than the Starview TheBox is excatly the same inside apart from the firmware you load it the same in standby mode and you do all the other stuff the same as well like provider then do you auto scan then exit back to the menu put 1570 in then turn on the EMU then just exit out to a scrambled channel and wait for it to update the codes by itself and you are sorted best chanel to unscramble i have found is Sly Spor* 1 ok hope this helps you if you are still stuck come back ok

11. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

Thanks Fergus you're a gent.
    Cheers
    John

12. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

The channel dumps that you speak of, is this just a memory of the order you have your channels stored on your box or is it something more?

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

I think Ferg was speaking about firmware over the last few posts not a channel dump. A channel dump is as you say just a list of channels that are area specific and will also contain specific provider information. Most channel dumps are tailored to the user's preferences in group orders most of the time.

14. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

your right i did jump a few posts there, thanks anyway.Congrats on making afterdawn addict!!!

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Cheers axxxo :)

16. Dawbz

Dawbz Member

hi, i am thinking about getting a starview box and was wondering if you could set it up with just a broadband connection and not a tv pckage thnx

17. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

No you need a cable connection and a min subscription as well ok and if you are looking for boxes if you pm me i will get you sorted to pm on the right hand side of my post there is a head click on it and send a message to me ok

18. richy6976

richy6976 Regular member

you can use a starview with just a broadband connection and no tv i've never had cable tv thats paid for but have used a starview now for well over a year now with 300+ channels

19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

That is correct if you have a live coaxial feed. I think fergus was talking about a telephone type (DSL) broadband feed.

20. Toooool

Toooool Member

Hi does anyone know the frequency for Sky Sports for Telewest in London??

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.