1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info regarding sound or other queries within (NO CODE REQUESTS/code POSTING)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

I must admit it looks better quality less hassle If I known more when I first got bumped with a clone in the days where men was men and sheep was scared of us I would have probubly chosen the Eurovox but Starview have still remained a top and stable brand in the digital tv industry as a freeview box for cable network.

Although my mavorite ch is not available which is Sly1 it kept my partner quiet, but now cos I do not have this she talks all the time and I now have a continous hangover. So the quest I am now pursuing is sattelite I have just got my head around latitudes ect and know Astra site inside out I feel I have to for health reasons try the technomate.

fae KMACDON.

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Mc your quest will be over soon as sly1 is coming back i here so all is not doom

And as for the boxes my easiest box to work with even for a person of no knowledge has to be the starview as it is the most simple and easiest box i think on the market at present only thing letting this down is the poor epg on them but sure the paper is just as handy

3. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

Ferg I do agree they are the easiest as I sayed in previous post m8 and reliability well I have never had issues I am actually suprised the amount of requests and problems in this forum, the box and the PVR, Starview1 and the dark side of the 'clones'have all been stable. no bad remark to say to starview except keep the good work up with regards to sly 1 comming back... hurry the f*uk up pls :)

4. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

The force guides me to: 28.2ºE

5. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

Do u know when ferg sly1 will return?

6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

I here within the next month i here they have agreed with sly for it to be re screened again so you will have to be patient maybe google it or go to their webpage and see what comes up

7. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

I know a similar ch called '(Y)v1rj1n on3(o)'was due but I did not know about sly1

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

no i have seen it on another forum and from a reliable scourse so i would say it will happen as he wants it back as well he misses star trak

9. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Just sent you a pm fergus

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Yes Brian you are correct in what you where saying sly1 is not available in the Uk any more for some reason but it is coming back soon again

11. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

its great when the world of Starview hs no issues

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Ferg Star Trek is gone to Vir*in 1 which starts on Monday think it is taking over from FTN 1 it is basically to compete with Sly 1.

13. bezzyboy

bezzyboy Member

Hi ya Guys
    I have 3 starview ( original ) boxes all doing the same thing , You can only flash them when once turned on when the 1st dash appears on the display and then when downloading you don`t get the nunbers on the front thr dash`s just keep running accross the display and once you have finished it just shows zero on the front of the box you do get pictures but it just keeps rebooting in a cycle .
    I have been trying to sort thos for 10 days noe so any advice would be most appreciated .
    Cheers Bezzyboy

14. cactikid

cactikid Active member

bezzyboy
    what vers.do u have on starview?
    is the starview rebooting or updating on loop cycle,if updating check correct codes.
    are u irl/uk n*l ,vi*gin,etc

15. bezzyboy

bezzyboy Member

they had v 4 in them all fine untill last week , they do keep rebooting in a cycle and when they have done zero shows on the display .

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Bez

There is a bad flash that is all reflash and they will be fine just wait until the download reaches 100% then wait another 50 seconds for another pop up message and you will be sorted you must wait for the second message before finished

DATA UPLOADING LOOP PROBLEM FIX

If the box has had an older software installed which was working but no longer updates then switch it off at the back then back on again and tune to an unencrypted channel No £ symbol quickly before it gets caught in an auto-updating loop. Select OK and the channel list appears, move up or down to select a channel without a green pound symbol on the right £ & hit ok. Make sure the channel is working then switch it into standby on the remote or the front of the box
    You will then see the clock If an older firmware is on the box and
    it starts to autoupdate the keys but then sticks and then you put it in standby you will not be able to flash the box correctly you must go into standby from a working unencrypted channel first

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2007
  17. bezzyboy

bezzyboy Member

Hi ya
    You said wait until it gets to 100% but it won`t take a download unless you start the download when it is 1st switched on and the very 1st dash appears on the display and then when it is downloading you don`t get the percentage counting up on the display it`s just the green dash`s

18. richy6976

richy6976 Regular member

bezzyboy try switching your box on at the switch just after you click download it may take a few go's i've had this happen to me a few times it should work after a few go's dont worry about the display on the front

19. bezzyboy

bezzyboy Member

Hi ya
    I can get the flash to download but the box keeps rebooting and reverting back to zero on the display and it just keeps doing this .

20. richy6976

richy6976 Regular member

sorry then i've no idea speak to scouser later see if he can help i'm having problems at the minute with my remote controls not working there doing my head in as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.