1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

infraction thread

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by ZeroHour, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I'd rather not know...

2. ZeroHour

ZeroHour Guest

yea i am using the school computers and auslander i always thought u were a cool person that is why i hung around u i thought u were a nice guy who made good points in topics that is why i hung around u cause u gave good info on topics i was interested in.

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

umm...did you think i was insulting you or something, zerohour? i was talkin' about the ol' doggy_bot. unless you two are one and the same, i don't think you should be feelin' down.

4. onya

onya Guest

Not too far behind you with that one LOCO......so to speak!

5. ireland

ireland Active member

6. onya

onya Guest

Amen to that........

7. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

I'd personally like to have the reason for the ban right below the username, so that others can see it. Or better, the username (of the banned user) should be converted into a link to a page which states the ban reason. I know that such a page exists (because I've been temporarily banned once), and that only the banned user can see it, that too only when he tries to access his account (which is obvious)

8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

The first thing stated would not work, as there'd be too much text to show for some bans.

Secondly, as I've said before in this thread, if a mod wishes to share with the community why said user was banned, it is @ their disgression to do so or not.

9. LOCOENG

It all comes down to people just being nosey and wanting information about sh!t that is none of their business in the first place.

10. Ripper

Ripper Active member

/me hands Loco prize for hitting the nail on the head!

x)

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

2nd that.

12. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

Wow! I didn't expect to get bashed down for that!

LOCOENG,
    It's not about being nosey. If I knew a user to be helpful and he were to get suspended, I'd love to know the reson behind it. Moreover, what's the point in hiding the reason behind a ban? If it's something wrong, others should know about it, so that they can avoid a similar mistake.

ddp,
    I'm begenning to feel that you have something personal against me. Please tell me that's not true :-(

13. ZeroHour

ZeroHour Guest

well how about a place where it has warnings so then people can see what they or doing wrong or just pm the person if it is a privacy issue

14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

what is "wrong" around here is listed in the rules or is common sense based off of them. that's all that people need to know; there's not really any reason to make the system more complicated. i trust the admin and mods in their decisions anyway, or i'd have left permanently by now. ^.^

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

And we don't want that, do we! xD

16. LOCOENG

I pointed fingers at no one with my last comment...

With that being said, the whole point of this thread is to get public attention for wrong doing. How would you like it if everytime one of you got caught jerking off in the boys room they posted a polaroid picture of you in the hall with the reason for being in the hall of shame. When something happens it is all out in the open, if you are too slow to see it then tough. If there was a place for the offenders to gather and look at who is suspended and for what it would only leave the door open for debate on the rules and scrutiny of the mods. It is up to the mod to use their best judgement and that is what they do. If someone has a problem with the way they are handled they can usually contact dRD to rectify the situation if the mods are found to be in the wrong.

EDIT: I pointed no fingers in this one either.

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  17. ireland

ireland Active member

In my honest option, who ever bans a member should post a reason in the thread the infraction was occurred in. and then who wants to find out the reason,all ye have to do is use search for the members
    Last post.thats how i find out if i want to know why..
    To me, Just posting your banned to me does not cut it..
    Most site mods do post a reason for the ban…in the thread the violation occurred …

only time ye will not know the reason if the infraction was so bad the thread was hidden or the posters was banned and the posters post was deleted by a site mod........

my 2-cents worth..

18. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

When did I say that you did?
    I would avoid jerking off in the boys room then ;)
    Maybe you're right on this one...
    And how exactly do they do that, if they're banned? Moreover, the latter (enclosed in {brackets}) has never hapenned, and probably never will. It's just a question of curiosity, or as you put it, being 'nosey about sh!t that is none of my business in the first place'. Now that's MY opinion. The decision is, of course, for the staff to make.

ireland,
    How exactly do you specifically search for the last post made by any particular member?
    BTW: It felt good to see a serious comment made by you :)

19. LOCOENG

Exactly...

When you wrote this...

You've never seen anyone create a new account (which is against the rules also) to come back and moan about being banned?

It has happened...not often, but it has happened on at least one occasion that I can think of. Mods aren't perfect either, they can have a bad day just like anyone else here.

Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one....that is a fact.

Type the user name in the search bar, in the next screen choose traditional search, in the next screen search by user name and the last post in the top thread should be the last post available for that user.

20. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

And how does that imply that you were pointimg a finger at me? Or did you take it that way because you really were pointing fingers?
    No, I haven't!
    I've not seen it happen myself, and I'll not believe it unless I witness it myself.
    Well guess what, Mr. Wise Guy ... you have one too!
    I was asking ireland, but thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.