1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Initial attempt to burn - looked good, but...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by drnls, Sep 27, 2004.

1. drnls

drnls Member

I have read the 17 page thread on "burning - now what". I have XP for home, AMD Athlon T-bird 1.3GHz, 384 Ram, 20 gig HD with 14 gb's free, new I/O magic 8x dual format burner. The system is still FAT32. I used Decrypter and DVDshrink as instructed by ScubaPete (all of them). I attempted to copy Joe Dirt to 4xRiData RW disc. Everything appeared to perform on screen. When I attempted to watch/play on computer using PowerDVD - I received "unsupported format" message.
    Questions:
    1. is this due to FAT32 setup? other suggestions?
    2. when trimming the menu and deselecting the audio portion there were several in English - which do I keep?
    Also - this is a great site and thanks in advance for any help provided. Nelson

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

If I were you, I would try to burn a couple other DVDs first, perferably at lower speed to see how things go.

3. drnls

drnls Member

scf
    thanks for your reply, I will try again today. The recording speed was another question. On the right side of the display during the burning process the speed varied between .3x and .4x, 550 mb to 650 mb. Was this actually .3x and .4x or 3x and 4x? Also the burn took well over an hour to perform. Thanks again, Nelson