1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

input in buying a new laptop

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by adawn101, Jun 24, 2009.

1. adawn101

adawn101 Member

Hello all.
    I'm looking into buying a new laptop relatively soon-within a week. Anyways, I will use it for internet, word processing, watching an occasional movie, and a little gaming- but not any super intensive game such as crysis. Anyways, I have come up with these that I think are acceptable. Can you please give your input as to which one you would go with. The look of the laptop is not important to me. I want to spend at most $800, but less would certainly be better.

Toshiba - Satellite Laptop with Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology - Copper $749.99 - this one seems nice, but the screen seemed slightly small.

Toshiba - Satellite Laptop with Intel® Centrino® Processor Technology $699.99 - i am leaning towards this one

HP - Pavilion Laptop with Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor - Bronze/Chrome $664.99

HP - Pavilion Laptop with Intel® Centrino® Processor Technology - Espresso Black $749.99

Asus - Stylish Laptop with Intel® Centrino® Processor Technology - Blue/Black $614.99

If anybody has any thoughts on any of these, please chime in, or even if you'd suggest a different one.

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Only the second Toshiba ($700, A305) and the Asus ($615, X83vb) can play games at all. of the two, I would recommend the A305 Toshiba.

3. adawn101

adawn101 Member

thanks sam.

Thinking more about it, I really doubt I will be playing games on the laptop. In that case, would the Toshiba still be the way to go. or would another one be just as good or better.