1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Input On DVD Rebuilder Guide

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by vurbal, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

The Image used to setup is checked in the wrong place. A small point that could be confusing for some.

[​IMG]

The buttons checked should be in the second from the bottom field. Where avisynth is ticked to the left.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I see what you mean. The directions don't match the screenshot because I didn't change it enough from my setup which is slightly different from the guide.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Thanks Guys, I'm going to try it tonite or in the AM.flip-it was rite here in my own back yard the whole time, shades of Wizard of Oz!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

The MPEG2Dec3dg.dll file that was placed in the DVD Rebuilder folder was extracted from DVD2AVI.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

6. brobear

brobear Guest

Sophocles,
    Looks like I'm going to have to try something new to keep up with everyone.

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Well as I'd like to say to an unnamed individual, if you want to run with the dogs, then you got to stop playing with the puppies. I thing after this it will be hard to find something else without an update of some kind.

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

But the pack I always ran with liked puppies (they're so easy). Brobear, I knew you'd jump in here sooner or later. Welcome to the pack or "somat" like that. Pardon my scottish. lol

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Point taken puppies are cute and for that matter so is my pet bunny.

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

OK,NO.1-Thanx vurbal for an excellent guide. I used DVD Rebuilder and CCE last nite and the results were to say the least excellent. I used Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "Lost World" cos I wanted to test it's worth and the movie is 31/2 hours long. It passed with flying colors. The results were as follows: decrypter-25 minutes to rip, rebuilder-31/2 hours, I used nero to burn-13 minutes for a grand total of 4 hours and 8 minutes. This does not include set up time of which a lot won't have to be repeated and this was my first time(we won't go into details here, lol). I've got to say it was an unqualified success. I have a question tho, this movie doesn't have a lot of special features, but if it had, couldn't a man use something like VOB Blanker to eliminate unwanted extras or is there something else you should use, or can you even do that? Again thanx for all the input guys.

11. brian100

brian100 Guest

Bigorange

I have had a few problems processing movies through rebuilder that have been "stripped", but then again I have also had some real success.

You may want to try some of these :-

DVDstripper (freeware) you can get it here :-

http://dvd.box.sk/index.php?pid=dvdr_soft&prj=info&pol=0&rid=7771

and you can see a guide here :-

http://www.dvdstripper.com/

and if you have trouble installing or find you have missing files you can read an faq here :-

http://www.dvdrbase.com/showthread.php?s=bc8e3c79145636d8bd2ee6b6e42b4b9d&t=33795

Titlesetblanker (freeware) you can get it here (sometimes!!) but the link appears to be down at the moment !! PM me if you would like me to mail it to you.

http://shh.dvdboard.de/titlesetblanker.html

Vobblanker (freeware) you can get it here :-

http://www.posunplugged.com/jsoto/

and if you need a guide you can find it here:-

http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~yyyyyy/vob_blanker/vob_blanker.html

The guide is NOT that great, but a man of your callibre will have no problems "working it out" for yourself.

And finally a new kid on the block, it's commercial (IE it costs!!) but I am now using this as standard, the link below has a free trial, but exporting is disabled :-

http://www.dimadsoft.com/dvdremake/index.php

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Thanx brian, but let's get one thing straight, I am calibreLESS, just ask any Florida gator fan! I take it by your answer I can do what I'm thinking about. I have vobblanker and dvd stripper.I have used stripper, but am not all that crazy about it. I also have ifoedit (which u didn't mention, is there a reason?). Of the ones YOU listed what order would you rank them and is DVDremake worth the 25 bucks up against all the others? Be sure and take into account user friendly, I ain't all that sharp. Thanx.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2004
  13. brian100

brian100 Guest

Bigorange

You under-estimate yourself!!

I did not mention IFOEDIT due to the reason that DVDstripper is bascially an automated "front end" for it.

I rate "the strippers" as follows :-

1. DVDremake
    2. DVDstripper
    3. Vobblanker
    4. Titlesetblanker. (Look's like development has stopped)

DVDremake is quite advanced BUT it is simple to remove extras & remove "functionality" from menus (IE hiding buttons & navigation). It is also simple to remove foreign language menus. As i said this package is quite advanced, I am still scratching my head at a lot of the commands but I intend to study!!. In my opinion it is very much well worth the money. If i were you I would download the trial to try out the interface(nice!) and experiment BEFORE buying. I the mean time use Vobblanker to experiment with DVDrebuilder etc.

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I've looked at those apps, and I've some interest in DVDremake for removing unneeded angles from multiangled disks. If I can apply this to Rebuilder/CCE the I've overcome on obstacle that annoys me. I've also looked at Vobblanker to save menus for my wifes consumption.

15. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Since I have Anydvd, could't I use either of those apps and create my folder for rebuilder and just bypass decrypter all together? I could use recode to view my movie then use them to remove unwanted extras, what-da-ya think ya'll? PS-sophocles, tell your wife I like menus too

16. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hey, anybody? Is this just a dumb question that doesn't deserve an answer? I've been known to do that, just ask my wife!

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I wouldn't dare tell my wife that someone elsce likes menus and extras because I would never hear the end of it. I wouldn't want to ask your wife about dumb questions either, because my wife might be standing directly behind me and I won't know it until I hear a "Yea right, look who's talkng.

18. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hey, finally someone. I hear ya! I'm picking up what you're laying down. BUT, what about my notion of excluding decrypter and using vobblanker with recode( or any of the aforementioned) and anydvd?

19. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I'm pretty certain that Vobblanker can't decrypt and I know that recode can't. You'll probably need to rip with Decrypter before using Vobblanker. As I see it the biggest stumbling block using Rebuilder is its inability to handle multiple angles. DVDremake seems to have the ability to correct that, so I'm thinking, rip with Decrypter, edit with an application like DVDremake that can remove those angles, and then DVDrebuilder and CCE to finalize. Now does that sound dumb?

20. bigorange

bigorange Active member

but aha! you're leaving out one part of the equation, won't Anydvd do that? It works on every movie I've tried using my other programs ie. Instantcopy, recode, etc. And no, it doesn't sound dumb, I'm thinking about getting dvdremake also, I mean God forbid that there be a software out there I don't have, you know what I mean?