1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Input On DVD Rebuilder Guide

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by vurbal, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hey Siber!

For the file deletion part of using DVDremake, it took about 5 minutes, and then to save the result another 10-20 minutes {didn't hang around and time it). You'll need a registered verion of DVDremake to really get it, the trial version is too watered down. You don't just trim off an extra 310 megs you also trim the length of the movie by a few minutes, which is of equal importance when backing a 3 hour and 20 minute movie.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

siber, go ahead and buy it. the trial won't export files and believe it or not it's worth 25.00. It's a neat program(if i can get it to work with rebuilder, my 1st attempt was a flop), I went ahead and got pro.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004
  3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigorange

What are the things that Siber will need to know while purchasing DVDremake to help him to avoid some of your difficulties?

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Sophocles, you won't believe it, they had to mail me the file. The site wouldn't recognize my acct. that's why i could download the trial, but not the paid version. They were real nice, they gave me the pro version for 15.00 more. So siber in conclusion, make sure your acct. is set up properly. lol (actually i could mail everybody the files now. just kidding!)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2004
  5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Now Now bigorange!

Tell me how I need the Pro Version!

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

heh,heh,heh,Edit VM commands (all commands and valid combinations are supported);
    Modify buttons and color schemes in either still or motion menus;
    Easily change highlights colors;
    Edit and create new TitleSets, Titles, Chapters, ProgramChains, Programs;
    Move TitleSets, ProgramChains, commands within the disk or between different DVDs.

DvdReMake Pro will even fix incorrectly authored/edited disks. If mismatch between information in ifo and vob files is found program will try to fix the problem. anything else? lol

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Damn you!
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Damn you!

[​IMG]

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

9. siber

siber Regular member

Sophocles: I went ahead and got DVDremake Pro. Had no difficulty doing so. Smooth, used PayPal ( people may want to know it is THE ONLY WAY at this time) and paid Dmitriy his $40. I hope to learn more from you guys about the usefulness of this program. Thanks already for all the good work.

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Sophocles, at least in your redundancy, you do it with a flair. I'm "ape" over your photo. BTW, I'm "monkeying" around on a Disney flick right now in remake and I'm having a hell of a time if it makes you feel any better. Pro doesn't make dealing with the multi-angles any easier.

11. dimad

dimad Regular member

It will be possible soon to order DvdReMake (Pro) not only with PayPal.

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Dimad: Since I am a paypal member of long standing I wish all of them gave you the option to use it. It's nice knowing only one co. has your credit card #, and they guarantee your purchases up to 500.00. Of course for the people that don't use it this will probably help their/your sales. One other item of note, Dimadsoft is an excellent bunch, they/you worked with me dilligently to solve my problem of downloading their product, even after I became a little testy, and for that, I apologize and am grateful. It is an excellent product. I am assuming by your handle and URL, that you have something to do with it, so you'll be the guy we run to with our problems in Remake. So just ignore that nasty email. lol BTW, welcome to AD.

13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I'm with bigorange, I too am a PayPal member of long standing. It is nice to know that you are limiting the spread of your credit card number on the internet. Expecially when bidding on Ebay. If you don't have a PayPal account setup then in my view it would be good idea to get one started just for the security if offers.

14. siber

siber Regular member

I do like PayPal also; for the same reasons Sophocles & bigorange mentioned. It is very convenient and -apparently- safe.

I have received a couple of 'spoof' Emails over the last year that made me a bit worried. Not PayPal's fault of course... Some merchants don't seem to like it, must be the fees PayPal is charging.

dimad: this is not a criticism. The process went very smoothly and I am very pleased so far.

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Siber

I see you are now among the perfectionist crowd by your acquistion of DVDrmake. Welcome aboard. You'd asked a while back as to how far we've gotten but now I suspect that you can anwwer that one yourself. The only setback that I've had involves into trying to prepare movies that are incompatible with DVDrebuilder, multi angles and interleaves. I've been using DareDevil which I haven't succeeded in backing as of yet but it's my only failure to date.

16. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigorange

I upgraded to the Pro version too not because I knew it would do a better job, not because I new you guys had it and I didn't but because it would've annoyed me knowing it was there. Especially if I ran into a movie that I couldn't get right with the basic version.

[​IMG]
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

[bold]DVDrebuilder and multi angles are no longer a problem[/bold]

I finally succeeded in backing up Daredevil and the solution was incredibly easy. After having tired of trying to trim the movie chunk by chunk and by now being a little miffed, I said to hell with it. Using DVDremake, I located the title set (title set 5) that contained the main movie which was easy because of its size. I then right clicked all the other titles sets and selected “Hide all Blocks, “and then I went to file and chose export DVD. I opened DVDrebuilder, located the exported file and it loaded without any warning messages. To make a long story short I finished encoding and burned the result with CopyToDvd (it’s quicker to setup than Nero). I am now playing the movie with my standalone player and it works just fine. BTW, bigorange the movie opens at the menu screen and I looked and the extras were there. I think that this answers my question about whether or not intlerleaved movies with multi angles can be backed up using DVDrebuilder.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

18. dimad

dimad Regular member

Congrats! :)

19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Sophocles, (lol) congrats (lol) on (lol) your (lol) upgrade. I'm laughing WITH you not AT you, cos I knew you would. Seriously, good idea on Daredevil, the thought never occurred to me. I've been doing the "chunk at a time" method, without positive results, because I do like to keep my menu and certain special features. My next attempt was successful, none since, I think my error was in rebuilder. Of note: one thing about it, when using Remake you don't wanna forget you have a right click, huh? lol

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigorange

I suspect that multi angles will almost always have a different title set than the main movie because they are added as an after the fact after thought. That would explain why I didn't loose any of the menu or extas.