1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insert backup movie, XP locks up

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Norm6513, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Norm6513

Norm6513 Member

Last night I tried playing a movie that was backed up with DVD XCopy Express and as long as the movie is in the drive my machine locks up. In fact, I tried restarting my machine with the movie in the drive and the machine won't finish booting until I eject the movie. If I insert the movie after the machine is booted, I can't launch any programs until I press eject either. No errors or anything. If I put in a normal DVD Movie, it will play just fine with no lockups.

I just re-installed XP after upgrading a hard drive last week, so my machine has all the very latest drivers. Before I reinstalled everything I never had problems with DVDShrink backups, but then again I never tried a DVDXcopy movie before. I will admit I haven't tried a movie recorded with DVDShrink since the reinstall, so I guess I should try that tonight. Everything else on my computer is running perfectly.

Any suggestions?

2. Norm6513

Norm6513 Member

I just tried a couple of DVDs that were created with DVDshrink and they work perfectly. So then I rolled back my ide driver to the Windows XP driver. After this my computer doesn't lock up with the offending disks but the discs are unreadable. So I went back to the nforce drivers and it still locks everything up.

Maybe it's the media? Anyone? I just don't see any logical reason this would happen. it seems like if the media was the problem it wouldn't lock up the machine.